Timing on CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have a problem with time while taking the step 2 ck? I've just heard from a few previous test takers that timing is a big issue and some even missed like 5 questions per block and left them blank.

I've been completing usmleworld with around 15 minutes or so left over for a block of 46 questions. For Kaplan qbank, I had like 20 minutes left over.

I'm just wondering for those who have taken it already, how was your timing? Did it really change from the practice questions to the real exam?

One other question......on Step 1, if you were on the last question, you could think about it even if time for that block ran out before you clicked on the answer, and a message would come up that said something like " your time for this block is up..please choose an answer." But I've heard that for step 2, that message doesn't come up and if you have not chosen an answer, it just automatically moves on to the next block...is that true?????

THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.