Tips for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drp89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confused how to get a letter recommendations from college professor.

I graduated from dental school about 6 years ago in india.Now almost 90% staff are changed.

I have no option that i can get lor from new staff bcoz they do not know anything about me.

If i wanna get LOR from my retired professor or a professor who transfer to another college or become principal to another college.

If i ask them to write LOR for me, on what paper they could print it. On a blank sheet / on a personal letterhead or how?

Your advice to this matter highly appreciated.

Thank u for taking time to read my post.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are applying through PASS, you would need to send them an email with the link to the PASS eForm evaluation site. There they can upload their letter. Or if you are directly applying to the program, you can have the professor write a letter on a blank sheet and make sure to sign it and make it official. I believe you can choose the "paper" option on the PASS application site for the professional evaluation.

It's always a a hassle trying to obtain letter of recs from previous professors, but if you had a good relationship with them in the past, I'm sure they would be happy to write a letter and help further your education.

Just do everything you can and email them asking for help and explaining your situation.

Goodluck