Tips on improving "hypothesis testing" question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little frustrated, as my BS scores are consistently 9-10. When I review, I notice that the majority of mistakes that I do make are on questions like "Which would be the LEAST likely result if drug A is added to patient B". It's like a crapshoot every time...sometimes my reasoning coalesces with the AAMC's, and sometimes it doesn't. I do spend quite a bit of time reviewing the missed questions...and when I review, then I'm like "Ohh ok well that make sense then"

I'm pretty happy with my PS, and my verbal stays around 10 or 11...just this damn BS experimental stuff makes me uncomfortable. I take the exam in 3 weeks. Any tips on improving???

Members don't see this ad.

What if you think in terms of what is MOST likely to happen, then try to imagine the opposite? Or something that is just totally unrelated to everything -- if it hasn't been mentioned in the passage or the prompt, it's probably not going to happen.

I just always tend to narrow it down to two answers in which both seem like a likely/unlikely outcome, and a lot of the time I end up choosing the wrong one :bang: