Title 10 personnel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smills91

Defeat Obamunism!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure what this means entirely, I was wondering if someone knew the difference between title 10 and title 32 personnel and could give an explanation.

Also, does either the HSPS or HSCP fall under either category.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what this means entirely, I was wondering if someone knew the difference between title 10 and title 32 personnel and could give an explanation.

Also, does either the HSPS or HSCP fall under either category.

Thanks!

Title 10 and 32 refer to sections of U.S. Code. Title 10 are the laws that cover the Armed Forces, both active and reserves. Title 32 covers the National Guard. Both HPSP and HSCP fall under title 10 since neither are National Guard programs.

Title 10

Title 32

Title 10 and title 32 personnel refers to the type of orders under which National Guard members are activated. On the orders, there is a line for Authority which will list either 10 USC or 32 USC. This is basically who is funding the activation. It will show 10 USC if a soldier or airman was activated under federal authority (e.g. to go to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) If activated by the state (e.g. two week ADT, basic training, natural disaster, etc.), it will show 32 USC.

Title 10 and 32 refer to sections of U.S. Code. Title 10 are the laws that cover the Armed Forces, both active and reserves. Title 32 covers the National Guard. Both HPSP and HSCP fall under title 10 since neither are National Guard programs.

Title 10

Title 32

Title 10 and title 32 personnel refers to the type of orders under which National Guard members are activated. On the orders, there is a line for Authority which will list either 10 USC or 32 USC. This is basically who is funding the activation. It will show 10 USC if a soldier or airman was activated under federal authority (e.g. to go to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) If activated by the state (e.g. two week ADT, basic training, natural disaster, etc.), it will show 32 USC.

Awesome thanks.

I guess the stem of the question is as an HSCP recipient are we considered to be assigned to an independent duty station during dental school?

I'm trying to find out if I qualify for Military outreach initiative that the YMCA has going for me and my family. Thanks.

Here's a link:
http://www.ymca.net/about_the_ymca/military_outreach_initiative.html