TMDSAS/AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeS.O.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I was considering the application timelines for TMDSAS and AMCAS and I was wondering how much would it hurt to submit the application for verification at the end of June. Additionally, my school's premed committee doesn't submit the letter until the end of July; would it be more helpful to get personal letters instead? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You are expected to use your school's committee letter if you are eligible for it.

Why is it you want to wait until the end of June? You don't require MCAT scores or letters to submit your application

Members don't see this ad :)
You are expected to use your school's committee letter if you are eligible for it.
Dang. So then, it probably would be fine to submit it at the end of June because it would be verified or near verified by the time of the letter. Thank you.

Why is it you want to wait until the end of June? You don't require MCAT scores or letters to submit your application
The premed advisor said to not submit it until the interview with the committee so they could look it over for problems.

The premed advisor said to not submit it until the interview with the committee so they could look it over for problems.

It wouldn't hurt your application. Make sure to prewrite your secondaries and submit them as soon as they become available to you and you'll be fine, time-wise. Applying without a committee letter when your schools offers it would be much worse

It wouldn't hurt your application. Make sure to prewrite your secondaries and submit them as soon as they become available to you and you'll be fine, time-wise. Applying without a committee letter when your schools offers it would be much worse
Thank you! Also, this may be a stupid question (if so, sorry), how would I pre-write my secondaries?