TMDSAS - Appropriate Picture Dental App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sarah01

Would this picture be appropriate for the TMDSAS dental application? I know a lot of people suggest getting a passport photo taken, but I wasn't sure if I could go ahead and submit using this picture instead. I am not sure if the trees in the background look unprofessional. I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Would this picture be appropriate for the TMDSAS dental application? I know a lot of people suggest getting a passport photo taken, but I wasn't sure if I could go ahead and submit using this picture instead. I am not sure if the trees in the background look unprofessional. I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!View attachment 206890
This is much nicer than mine. Mine was a ghetto webcam selfie.

This is acceptable.

It's a nice photo but the background is a little distracting. I think you should just try to take one with a neutral, solid color background.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have terrible luck with passport photos looking awful, so I just stood in my bathroom against a white wall and had my mother take a picture. I would suggest doing something like that as well for your photo. The one you uploaded is nice, but like you said, the background is busy.