TMDSAS Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tablerule

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the TMDSAS 2 essays aside from the personal statement, are they supposed to be like mini-personal statements? By that I mean, do we need to have a hook and then tell a compelling story? Or should it be straight to the point (1st sentence thesis, then elaborate the rest of the paragraph).

Also, for the diversity question, is it supposed to be experience that makes us diverse or skills we have that help others to learn? I mean I worked as a tutor for a while, and that answers the "learn" part, but not the diversity part. Should I include things that don't have anything to do with teaching others? If it's just diversity things we have done, how should we link that to an ability to help others learn? Should we even link it to that, or just leave it at describing our diverse/unique experience?
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS ESSAY – REQUIRED OF ALL APPLICANTS Learning from others is enhanced in educational settings that include individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Please describe your personal characteristics (background, talents, skills, etc.) or experiences that would add to the educational experience of others. The personal characteristics essay is limited to 2500 characters, including spaces.

Also, does anyone happen to know of any examples of these 2 essays? For the personal statement, it really helped me to read through a ton of them to get a general idea of how to construct mine. But for these, I'm unable to find any examples online.

Also, for the TMDSAS, I saw somewhere that we need to have our high school class size and class rank? Do I need to call my high school to find out my class size? My school didn't do class ranks either. Would that be a detriment to my application?

Members don't see this ad.