To all you guys who are feelin not so hot tonight........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happy613

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trolling around here on the MCAT discussion board, and I am having major flashbacks.......

I am really really hoping not to come across as "holier than thou med student"......... but here it goes...

To all of you who are upset about your scores, DO NOT DESPAIR! It was just one day, you can retake it. I had to take this thing twice, many students I know in med school (mine and others) took this test multiple times (I have ran into lots of 3 time test takers, and even a few "4th time is a charm" types)

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself after I got my MCAT score the first time I would tell myself to first RELAX. I would then take myself out for some ice cream and plan on doing something really fun tomorrow.

I would try to convince myself to realize that I just spent 2 months having the whole thing out of my hands.....but NOW ITS BACK IN MY HANDS! This is a good thing regardless of what happened. I would tell myself to be happy that I knew, and realize that I have the power to fix it.

You are all going through what many of us on the other side of the application process went through. If you use it to empower yourselves, if you use it to reinforce your commitment to become physicians YOU WILL SUCCEED.

Even if you got a really low score, its ok.... shrug it off, you know you can do better. Study for the exam in August...and ifyou aren't where you want to be put it off until next april. The MCAT is a game, and as with all games you can become a better player with practice. I got a tutor the 2nd time, and I inhaled all those Kaplan practice items....I brutal forced my way to a better score.

And on a seperate note......I barely saw any of that MCAT stuff again in the first 2 years of med school, so don't even go to that "maybe I shouldnt be a doctor" place b/c baseing it on the MCAT is just stupid.

I promise, its gonna be ok....... now go have some ice cream ;)

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the words of encouragement! its really appreciate :)

I actually ate some ice cream before the scores came out....I guess I will eat more...never can have enough. Thanks for the words of comfort. Congrats on making it! I will be there someday too!

KK82 said:
I studied 8 motnhs for this april test (i was done with school so just studied day in and out) i got a 26, so if i study for august will i have enough time to improve, if at all possible. i studied so much and got a 26, what do you think???????

I got a 26 the first time also...and i studied like a dog for it......with a 26, you are in literal striking distance of a 30.... 2 months is more than enough time. Study, take a full-lenght the weekend b4, and if its not what you want wait.

You are right there, its tops only 10-15 questions more right that you need to jump up (and maybe as low as 8 or 9). Just do every question you can get your hands on, just do tons and tons of questions. Honestly 2 months is more than enough time....