To anyone that faxed their transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrono1984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take for them to update?

I faxed them on friday and have gotten nothing. I also emailed verification and was never given a reply. I called AADSAS monday, they told me it takes 24-48 hours to update the faxes. I called on tuesday, they now told me it takes 48-72 hours to update.

When I got back from work to see my account still not updated I got pretty pissed off and called them again. I reasonably voiced my frustrations but was pretty much told that "we can't help you, verification is in another building" Why does this other building not have a phone number? I hate emailing cust. support because they take about 2 weeks to answer anything and it almost always involves sending another email.

I don't know what else to do. I am tempted to just start faxing copy after copy until I see some results. I don't know what else I can do. Anyone else having an extremely difficult time getting your transcripts in even after faxing them?

Members don't see this ad.

having same problem here. don't know what to do

You have to realize that we're now getting into the busy part of the application season and they're probably being inundated with calls. That combined with the fact that no one there knows what they're doing will cause a lot of frustration on both parts. It seem's like they have your faxes, and they just don't know how long it takes to update your account (so they just make up a time frame for you to get off the phone). Just call and confirm that they have recieved your faxes. Your transcript status will probably be updated soon. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been a week since I faxed my transcripts....nothing. I've tried not to get too stressed out, the first mailing hasn't even gone out yet. It's been over a month since I mailed out my official transcripts, three weeks since my second time mailing them, and one week since I mailed my third official and faxed over an unofficial. You can't talk to the people who actually see the transcripts...it's classified. It just wouldn't make sense for us to talk to the people who process our application, what would they know? I know I've enjoyed the dead-end conversations I've had with the puppets on the switchboard, it's like a merry-go-round....kind of fun! All you can do is sit back and be patient, it's going to be a LONG, bumpy ride.

Chrono1984 said:
How long did it take for them to update?

I faxed them on friday and have gotten nothing. I also emailed verification and was never given a reply. I called AADSAS monday, they told me it takes 24-48 hours to update the faxes. I called on tuesday, they now told me it takes 48-72 hours to update.

When I got back from work to see my account still not updated I got pretty pissed off and called them again. I reasonably voiced my frustrations but was pretty much told that "we can't help you, verification is in another building" Why does this other building not have a phone number? I hate emailing cust. support because they take about 2 weeks to answer anything and it almost always involves sending another email.

I don't know what else to do. I am tempted to just start faxing copy after copy until I see some results. I don't know what else I can do. Anyone else having an extremely difficult time getting your transcripts in even after faxing them?

Hey chrono1984, I think you messaged me earlier about transcripts because we both sent the originals out June 1st. The same day I got your message that they allowed you to fax them, I had called and they had let me fax them a copy of my transcripts as well. My verfication showed up almost immediately. If I were you, I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to keep faxing a copy. I don't see how it could hurt. It might get on their nerves, but it seems like they should have it by now. I also asked if there was anyway to call back and make sure that they received the fax, but apparently none of these offices are connected and they don't let you do that. So just keep sending because they are obviously no help over the phone.

I dont believe faxed transcripts are acceptable

My faxed transcript was received and online status showed as received within two hours. Six hours later my gpa was available online.

I think it was this fast because it was only a few hours after they implemented the faxing system.

guys how can I fax them my transcript? My college already mailed them out but they have not recieved it in over a month. How can I fax them a copy while still having it an "official" transcript? Thanks.

Yellow Snow said:
My faxed transcript was received and online status showed as received within two hours. Six hours later my gpa was available online.

I think it was this fast because it was only a few hours after they implemented the faxing system.
Same here..faxed and updated within an hour..

tissy said:
Same here..faxed and updated within an hour..

Guys what faxing system are you referring to? I had my transcripts sent out and AADSAS lost it and now I have to do it aghain which can take too much time. I would much rather fax it but how? Can someone give me some onfo please.

Do I have to get the transcript sent to myself first from college? But then it wont be official right? How did you guys do it? Thanks.

JohnDoeDDS said:
Guys what faxing system are you referring to? I had my transcripts sent out and AADSAS lost it and now I have to do it aghain which can take too much time. I would much rather fax it but how? Can someone give me some onfo please.

Do I have to get the transcript sent to myself first from college? But then it wont be official right? How did you guys do it? Thanks.

JohnDoe, I've called AADSAS and spoken with a few reps there and they all say that the fax program has been discontinued. It seems like they only had it for a few weeks.