To Hold or not to hold - MBB/RFA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As an anesthesiologist not following the ASRA guidelines is indefensible, even if they’re guidelines are outdated. They are the society that grants me board certification.
ASRA is actually not the ABA.

the ABA is who grants you board certification.

Haven't checked in a while but doesnt ASRA also want you to stop aspirin?

actually, there is no definitive statement regarding ASA for high risk procedures.

for those using ASA for primary prophylaxis, stop for 6 days (ie those who are taking it just for the heck of it, because they dont yet have CAD).

for those taking ASA for secondary prophylaxis (ie someone has heart disease or high risk), then it is a "shared assessment and risk stratification. Time of discontinuation should be determined individually."

Members don't see this ad.

ASRA is actually not the ABA.

the ABA is who grants you board certification.

actually, there is no definitive statement regarding ASA for high risk procedures.

for those using ASA for primary prophylaxis, stop for 6 days (ie those who are taking it just for the heck of it, because they dont yet have CAD).

for those taking ASA for secondary prophylaxis (ie someone has heart disease or high risk), then it is a "shared assessment and risk stratification. Time of discontinuation should be determined individually."
Primary prophylaxis is not recommended.

Edit - I just went back and read there may be a select portion of pts 40-70 yo who could use it for primary prophylaxis but it looks to be a pretty strict set of criteria and they list CKD as being prohibitive (practically all of my pts).

Last edited: