To repeat or not repeat.... that is the question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildlifer

LVT hopeful
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak for the upcoming application cycle this summer 2016. One of my dilemma's is regarding the Biology II requirement.

I took Biology II my freshman year 10 years ago for my first degree and barely passed the class (horrible, horrible professors... but I digress). Since then I have earned a second bachelor's degree where I was required to take other biology courses, one of them was Biology of Plants. The Biology of Plants class covered a lot of the same material I had in the Biology II class and then some. So my question is, do I need to repeat a Biology II course or will my other one fulfill part of the 8 credit biology requirement that is typical for most of the vet schools?

I am working full time at a clinic with hopes of getting another PT job on the side for more $$. I am trying to pay for my unfinished prereqs out of pocket, so if there is one less class I have to take, that would be a weight off my shoulders. So if anyone knows off hand if that would work or have been in a similar situation, that would be super helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to ask your schools if the plant course will meet the general bio requirement. If it doesn't, you may very well have to repeat that Bio II course since it is likely 'expired,' regardless of the grade you got. Most schools won't accept courses over 10 years old, and some won't accept courses over 5-6 years old. If you do end up retaking it, a CC course would likely be just fine and save you some money!