To update a so-so step 2 ck or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bottom line:

Did so so in step 1, also did so-so in step 2 ck, submitted ERAS application on 9/18. The question is: will I be better off just go ahead and update the so-so step 2 ck to ERAS, or just hold on as long as possible until like Jan or Feb when I got at least some interviews to update the step 2 ck score?

Will the so-so step 2 ck score just scare away potential schools that could hand me an interview offers otherwise, or would I be better off just update the score NOW since some schools won't give interview offer before having the CK score? Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Without giving a precise value for your scores, we can be of little help in general. However, while plenty of programs may make ranking decisions using ck data, I would imagine most programs do NOT utilize that in deciding to give out interview invites (at least for medicine). But again, would be most helpful if you gave you scores.

Release them after interview season, in January. Assuming you did well in step 1.