TOEFL-help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most of the people here have good toefl scores,can u guys help me to improve my toefl score by providing some tips and suggessions regarding study materials.Last time i got 247,i am planning to write it again to improve my scores.Looking forward for u r help.Thanks. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

hi dhee

to prepare u could use kaplan/ barrons/ peterson software and books that u could get from ur public libraries. u neednt really buy them since u will never need this material again. they even have pretty good samples of essays etc. some prep materials have a separate book for the essay like barrons.

by the way, when u register for toefl, once ur date is fixed, they send out a cd for ur prep- its called powerprep software. that actually is pretty much enough to study from. find out which area u scored less in and prepare well in that section this time.

all the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dhee,
toefl is very easy. the only part where poeple go wrong i feel is the listening part. if u dont concentrate properly during the exam thn u might miss valuable information for answering tht part. u can overcome this by practicing again and again. do the practice tests frm old cds and tapes. if ur basic english is good thn thts all u need, practice. also concentrate on essay, state a lot of logical points for the essay. be grammatically correct, check ur essay before submitting it.
i yhink u will be fine. dont worry abt it. do a lot of practice tests. during the exam ,dont panic. read the questions properly take time to answer(not too much though... :D ) if u find the questions difficult, dont worry .most probably ur previous answers were right and so the level of difficulty increased. i dont know how true this is... the first few questions are really important, u score alot if u get ur first few questions right, like GRE..... but i am not sure abt this though.

hi dhee,
here is the link for preparation material offered by ETS, some of the material is free for download. and these tests are pretty good.
ets link

dhee said:
I know most of the people here have good toefl scores,can u guys help me to improve my toefl score by providing some tips and suggessions regarding study materials.Last time i got 247,i am planning to write it again to improve my scores.Looking forward for u r help.Thanks. :thumbup:
also I have the sample essay's. I cant find the link from where I got it but I have it in my computer, send me a PM with your email address so that I can send it to you.

If any one knows how to attach a 150kb file then let me know I will attach it here.

regards
ketu

Thanks to all.

Thanks for the Links Bond.I think I'm fine with Listening part.But the structure and reading is quite tough.Sometimes the grammer in the sentence seems to be ok for me.and i'm not able to decide the answer within the time.which makes me to chose some answer and go to the next question.I need to improve with my synonyms too.Anyway i can go through the links provided and practise more tests to improve.ketu,i'll PM u.Do send me the essays.I really appreciate all ur help.Thanks a lot.

Hi,
You will get a lot of materials for practice at any public library. They have many CD roms and audio cassettes too.

All the Best!

Thanks for u r suggestion good_dentist.Last time for my prep. i searched the library,but they had only Barrons book and CD.Since ours is a small place ,we dont have much resources.I think the links provided here may guide me.Thanks for u r help.