Too late for pre-reqs completion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unknown786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 3.77 cGPA and 29S MCAT. I submitted my primary on Aug 3rd and hopefully will be verified next week some time. I am a canadian, so applying to the following schools:
MSU-COM
AZCOM
CCOM
KCUMB
NOVA
Touro-NY
Western
LMU
UNECOM

I have not finished all of my pre-reqs. I will be taking half-year English and Inorganic chemistry this fall. I still need to complete half-year physics which I was planning to do this fall initially, but the course got cancelled and now the next class will be in Winter 2013. I was wondering how soon should my pre-reqs be completed? Would that make any difference for the interviews and final acceptances (do they hold you off until they see a final grade?) Would the best bet be to complete everything by Decemeber? I really don't want to hurt my chances.

Any input will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I have a 3.77 cGPA and 29S MCAT. I submitted my primary on Aug 3rd and hopefully will be verified next week some time. I am a canadian, so applying to the following schools:
MSU-COM
AZCOM
CCOM
KCUMB
NOVA
Touro-NY
Western
LMU
UNECOM

I have not finished all of my pre-reqs. I will be taking half-year English and Inorganic chemistry this fall. I still need to complete half-year physics which I was planning to do this fall initially, but the course got cancelled and now the next class will be in Winter 2013. I was wondering how soon should my pre-reqs be completed? Would that make any difference for the interviews and final acceptances (do they hold you off until they see a final grade?) Would the best bet be to complete everything by Decemeber? I really don't want to hurt my chances.

Any input will be appreciated!
If you can complete your prereqs before matriculation, I am sure that most schools will be fine with that.

all schools require completion before matriculation, and I think the final transcripts are generally due in the beginning or middle of June. So you wouldn't be able to use that summer, but as long as you have a realistic plan to get everything done by that may, schools will accept you with no problems.