Too late to apply to ICO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyebelieveinyou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be graduating in May 2016. I was originally planning on applying next cycle for the 2017 school year. I talked to an admissions representative from ICO earlier this semester and she suggested that I wait a year and apply, so I planned on that. Recently, I talked to an OD who encouraged me to apply this cycle. I know the application deadline is in February, but do you all think it is too late in the cycle to apply for 2016 school year? I have not taken the OAT either. If I decided to apply, I probably would take the OAT in early January.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on your GPA and which schools you want to apply to. If your GPA is strong and you do well on the OAT, your chances are pretty good. Of course you'd want to apply as soon as possible and you might not be able to write a good personal statement if you're trying to submit your application in the next few weeks. Why did the ICO representative suggest that you wait a year to apply, do you know?

If you put in the time and effort to get your application done I think you still have a chance! Personally I wrote my personal statement in like a day and then spend about a week and a half editing and getting other people to edit for me as well. It obviously would have been less stressful if I had had more time but in the end I got it done and that's what matters! If you plan to apply though I would get on it right away