took naplex today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TobeRPH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came back from Naplex test, I have kind of mixed feeling about my test.
50% profile questions covering from almost every chapter in APHA. I had a quite a bunch of questions on counselling,some were easy but some were hard as a matter of fact they seemed to get even harder at the end. I think chasenaplex quizzes really helped me a lot to get used to of these kind of questions.
Some fill in the blanks and graphs too. I will post my study plan and exam pattern soon in detail.
It is nerve-wracking waiting for the result. Please pray for me.I really hope I did well,but not sure.

Members don't see this ad.

That my suggestion did work for you. Just relax, you will definitely going to pass, my prayers are with you.

I dont believe it,I received an e-mail from the board that I passed with the score of 85.
I will post my detail experience of naplex latter on but PM if you have any specific question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats !!! I will be taking the Naplex and then plan on taking the CPJE one week after the Naplex exam and needed some advise as to from where to start......any advise will be great help.....just started the APha book and have an old edition of Rxprep and kaplan review....

Thanks

My first piece of advice is to take the exam when YOU are ready to take it!

I would recommend to read APHA at least twice thoroughly and then re-read and concentrating yourself on HTN, DM, Asthma, mental health, AIDS, opportunistic infections and seizures. APHA is good in all but don't expect that straight question will come from it. So you need to do POE in some of the question. Some of the important drug to focus heparin, warfarin, phenytoin, methotrexate, diabetes drugs and HIV classes.
Know the counseling info on important drug especially on OTC product, Asthma , AIDS drug. I got almost 12-15 questions on counseling of patient (Thanks chasenaplex.com).

Make sure that you are versed and dext at pharmacy math. I had few calculation questions with empty boxes that I had to fill in. That means that you need to know how to do exact calculation.
Since exam syllabus is very vast, there is not sure shot way to study for it but focusing on the standard text books such as APHA and well known sources such as CPR or Remington and doing lot of practice, as much you can, is key to success. More quality practice questions you can get hand at, better you are as only practice can give you the kind of confidence that you need to crack exam like Naplex. Some of the sources from where I was able to do get quality questions are Rx Prep (bought their iphone-app), chasenaplex.com (all the tests) and prenaplex. Don't try to save money while hunting for quality questions as disappointment and frustration of failure is too much to bear. Failure also has lot of financial cost if you analyze carefully: waiting time of three months (time that you can do job, you are still studying), exam cost etc.

During the exam read the questions thoroughly, pay attention to profile info such as allergies, past medical history and lab values. Read the question twice before confirming even-though you know the answer. The main thing is to remain calm!! even if you are getting bunch of calculation altogether.

All the best to people who are preparing for naplex.