USMLE Took NBME 3 with bad results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

normtheniner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Taking step 2 in a couple of days. I've been doing mainly Uworld for the past two weeks.

Prior to studying I took NBME 6 and got a predicted 242. After a few weeks of light studying during my FM rotation I took NBME 4 and got a 248.

I've been studying pretty hard since my school gives us these two weeks off before fourth year. I am signed up to take step 2 in a few days. I made the mistake of taking NBME 3 to see where I was at and got a predicted 229. I've seen a few threads from a couple years ago that said NBME may be underpredictive. I just wanted to see if anyone more recently have taken form 3 and had similar results?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm quite a few points below you; so this might not be so helpful. Nonetheless: I took NBME 6 a month ago when I hadn't completed Uworld and got a 204. I took NBME 3 this week and got a 180. Take that with a grain of salt. Good luck

Why are you working your way backwards? Take NBME 7; it's newest so should be most predictive ideally. I wouldn't stress the NBME 3 score too much since you did consistently better on the other two.

Never took nbme3 but this sounds like an outlier. Best thing is to ignore it and take something else like uwsa

Never took nbme3 but this sounds like an outlier. Best thing is to ignore it and take something else like uwsa

I took UWSA too.. forgot to mention that. I got a predicted 240 after a few days of studying.

I have no idea why I took them backwards... I guess I didn't realize I was doing that until after I had done it.