Took pre-NAPLEX, scored 74

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firework

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took pre-NAPLEX 3 days ago, scored 74.

Will take the real NAPLEX tomorrow.

What are my odds of passing?

Members don't see this ad.

I've actually studied this question for months now. Most people who pass or almost past pre-Naplex ALWAYS pass NAPLEX. There are even lots of cases where I've seen people get 66 on Pre-Naplex and get 90 or better on the Naplex. not saying this to pump up your head, just reporting what I've seen studying peoples responses w/ Pre-Naplex. With that said, good luck buddy.

I'll try my best. I'll post my score here as soon as I know it.

I've actually studied this question for months now. Most people who pass or almost past pre-Naplex ALWAYS pass NAPLEX. There are even lots of cases where I've seen people get 66 on Pre-Naplex and get 90 or better on the Naplex. not saying this to pump up your head, just reporting what I've seen studying peoples responses w/ Pre-Naplex. With that said, good luck buddy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar situation. I take the NAPLEX tomorrow. I made a 72 just a few days ago (about 5 days before the test), and an 85 about 3 weeks ago (I was studying in the mean time). Not sure why/how my score went down, but I thought my 2nd pre-NAPLEX was much more difficult and only had a few math questions, which are much easier IMO than the drug questions.

I'm fairly concerned, considering I would have to wait 3 months to retake it and would probably lose my job. I am also concerned because I was in the top 5% of my class, always made 95-100s on my exams in school. My only issue is that I have minimal pharmacy working experience and I think a lot of the pre-NAPLEX questions would have been easier with a little practical experience.

I will let you guys know how I did, pass or fail.

I got my score today, passed with 121. I felt really good after I left the test. The pre-NAPLEX was not good at predicting my score (85 first time, 72 second time). It was helpful in becoming comfortable with the format, but it's not a good predictor nor is it a good example of what to expect in terms of the material tested.

Last edited:
I got my score today, passed with 121. I felt really good after I left the test. The pre-NAPLEX was not good at predicting my score (85 first time, 72 second time). It was helpful in becoming comfortable with the format, but it's not a good predictor nor is it a good example of what to expect in terms of the meterial tested.

I agree.

Congratulations Pharmist87!! You must feel great to be on the other side. So I took the pre-naplex again the other day, a week after I scored a 64 on my first one, and I scored a 75. What study aids did you find most helpful in prepping for the NAPLEX? I would appreciate any advice!!

Last edited: