Top DAT Classroom Prep Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwnichols21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if there were any other In-Class DAT prep courses, besides Kaplan. I am looking for some sort of option over the summer, probably 6-8 weeks of in-class time supplemented by outside of class studying.

I thought that Princeton Review had a Hyper Learning course, but can't seem to find it online.

Thank you in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately there isn't really another DAT specific course that you can take. I think Princeton stopped continuing their DAT courses, at least in my area.

Most people either use the Kaplan course and few other materials while others who do just as well use materials from several sources.

If you're looking for a in-class room setting, I would recommend Chad's Videos. He offers GC and OC reviews specifically for the DAT and MCAT and he supplements those with quizzes as well as outlines that will guide you through note taking. Moreover, his price comes WAYYY significantly lower than what any Kaplan course could teach you, so it's a great bargain for your buck. A lot of people on this board would recommend Chad's Videos as a good beginning to start off your DAT studying!

PM me if you want more information on where to find this and whatever else about DAT materials!

Someone wants that 500 bones! Heh. But in all seriousness the only classroom setting is Kaplan.

For studying on your own, the consensus is something like:
Chad videos, Dat destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliff's AP biology, George Wolf thinkwell videos, Topscore practice exams, Crack Dat Pat practice DAT tests, Campbell's 7th edition Biology textbook and most importantly: These forums.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! It is quite a shame that there is only 1 in-class course offered. What are your opinions of the Kaplan course? Have heard negative things about Kaplan in the past, but not so much about their DAT course specifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are interested in taking in-class courses for the DAT, Romano Scientific offers DAT/OAT and MCAT prep boot camps for the the summer, fall and spring terms. Please visit our website for more details at: http://www.romanoscientific.com

All the best!

People that took DAT class with Dr. Romano (Orgoman.com) are saying that it is very helpfull. He also goes over Destroyer in class as well. Some people took Kaplan class and said that it gave lots of practise materials, which was helpfull. Hope that helps you. Good luck.

Youtube is also a great source for the sciences, not in terms of questions but in termes of learning topics and concepts.

Check Romanoscientific.com they offer DAT classes during the summer.
Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
For those that are interested in taking in-class courses for the DAT, Romano Scientific offers DAT/OAT and MCAT prep boot camps for the the summer, fall and spring terms. Please visit our website for more details at: http://www.romanoscientific.com

All the best!

Take this guy. If not his course, then buy his book. I only make this recommendation on the basis of my success with using his DAT Destroyer questions. Really thorough selection of questions and difficult ones at that. It doesn't hurt to overprepare.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish I live in NY. I would totally take Dr. romano's course. Can anyone share their experience? Did it help your score?

From what I heard from friends who took the course, it's totally worth it. The class is very intense and covers everything ,they also go over all the problems in the destroyer. Check their website.