Top orthopedic residency programs:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutrPharm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously, getting into any ortho residency is a huge accomplishment.

But what are the top ranked programs? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so I see that none one wants to touch this subject with a ten foot pole... and that's understandable, given the way I worded my post.

So let me rephrase it:

What are the most competitive orthopedic residency programs? (ie not necessarilly "the best"... just the ones that are hardest to get in to).

I just think it would be helpful for all the people in here that are intererested in orthopedics to have a general understanding of what programs are ridiculous long shots and which ones are slightly less competitive.

Thanks in advance.

I was also wondering this, but I have no idea how to figure it out. I have a pretty good idea of who the academic powerhouses are, but I'd like to know which programs are considered top notch in terms of operating experience, fellowships, lifestyle, research options, ect...

Where would you go if you could go anywhere and are not necessarily dead set on a career in academics (but want it to keep it as an option)?