Topical Oxygen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jummy Biffett

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's had experience with topical oxygen (not HBOT) for wounds? Literature seems pretty promising/legit

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
T

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you're talking about that natrox crap, it smells like NYC on a hot summer day. TRASH

This thread was perfect, ready to be locked and pinned, why'd you have to ruin it with actual comments? Now people are going to actually want to have a discussion, here we go...

Reactions: 1 users
1689086618909.png

I know this is very TFP :rofl:
TWO2 aka the Lobster Trap

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
First, we're going to need to arrive at a consensus definition of "TFP" because topical oxygen seems out of character. TFP will dispense some topical amerigel or laser therapy but not get involved in anything that is reported to work in the literature.

Speaking of literature, I suppose topical oxygen would be just as effective as all the other modalities that have been proven to work in the literature, including Hyperbaric Oxygen, the myriad skin graft substitutes on the market, the Cartiva implant, and of course diabetic shoes.

Final random thought, outside of an academic medical setting, who's expecting patients to actually wear that thing for however many hours/week they need to supposedly get a therapeutic benefit?

I’ve had good experience with topical oxygen. Growing up, I’ve cut myself at times, sometimes from falling; sometimes a paper cut.

I just exposed those cuts to air and let it heal.

Now? Fully healed. No signs of there being an injury.

Topical oxygen works.

• Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Why stop at oxygen? I use a better lobster bait: ozone... it's like oxygen but supercharged

Lobsters aren’t amphibians and therefore do not oxygenate through their skin. So we know this won’t work on a podiatrist with a wound but maybe if our diabetic patients are actually frogs…?

Lobsters aren’t amphibians and therefore do not oxygenate through their skin. So we know this won’t work on a podiatrist with a wound but maybe if our diabetic patients are actually frogs…?
Diabetics are frogs - new SDN terminology add it to the lexicon

Topical oxygen. Fish skin grafts from prehistoric Iceland. Bovine grafts. Fetal placental membrane grafts. Foreskin grafts.

The only benefit I see is free dinners for us

Edit: as a resident. I value my time for family stuff now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Topical oxygen. Fish skin grafts from prehistoric Iceland. Bovine grafts. Fetal placental membrane grafts. Foreskin grafts.

The only benefit I see is free dinners for us
Free dinners were cool as a resident. Now with Family it's like nah bro I am good. Unless it's when out of town on CME trip and no family. Then sure and keep the drinks coming then I am going to ditch you for my boys thanks for the pregame.

Reactions: 3 users