Total loan repayment contract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLife4Me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post may be somewhat redundant to others previously posted, but a friend of mine just signed a 5 year contract with a company that paid off his loans including a sign on bonus and very generous salary. Are there many opportunities for graduates to sign contracts and have their loans completely paid off? Let's say that the graduate would work in any given location.

Members don't see this ad.

Some federal jobs still have loan repayment. There is no contract, but the longer you stay, the more they pay. The packages depend on your loan amount, but can be up to 60k in the highest bracket. However, this program is being slowly phased out, with many federal jobs not having it anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most of these offers have caps but if what your friend said is true then it's probably not too common

far from the norm - (using my best old man voice" back in 2004 when I graduated and worked in crap hole middle of nowhere rural downstate Illinois they offered 45k sign on bonus (~30k after taxes) for a 3 year comitment. That was the highest at the time. So to offer complete loan forgivness is very very rare if he is telling you the truth

Does your friend have to go to somewhere extremely undesirable, i.e. northern tip of Alaska or a war zone?