Touro - CA c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

222pharmD

Touro - CA Class of 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, congratulations to all those who have been accepted into the class of 2015 COP at Touro! No one has made this thread (c/o 2015) yet so I figured I should :)

I noticed on facebook there are already profiles for the previous class years so hopefully someone will make one for our year soon.

Anyways, I hope to meet everyone that was accepted into this new class of 2015! Can't wait for orientation!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be joining you there, just mailed my deposit a week ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!
whats the next things you receive after you send the deposit?
I am so anxious!

^ Nothing really, I just get emails about campus events that go on throughout each month and reminders to submit fafsa from their financial aid dept, that's about it. It all comes down to waiting till classes start now lol. Don't forget to submit the 1g deposit by May something also, I still gatta do that too.

Thanks! I suppose you receive everything by emails now. That's great!
Yea.. another $1,000.00 deposit... I'll remember that! :)

Have you guys checked out housing around the area yet? Anyone plan on not staying on Mare Island?

I'm planning on commuting from Sacramento (my home town) to Vallejo everyday! Yaa sounds a bit crazy, but the drive is actually not that bad. :)

Hi
congradulations.
can you plz help me about the interview and its quetions and writing titles????

Hi
congradulations.
can you plz help me about the interview and its quetions and writing titles????

The best way to prepare is to just practice talking in front of the mirror, or have one of your friends interview you with the questions provided here on SDN. My laptop has a built in camera, so I just recorded myself answering possible interview questions. This allowed me to catch all the "umm" parts of my speech. I also read 2 books just for fun (soon after I was notified about my interview), thinking that they might possibly ask what the most recent book I read was, but they didn't :rolleyes: . It OK though, reading something besides a biology or chemistry textbooks is always good for the mind. I practiced my writing skills by just buying a simple notebook and writing my answers to the interview questions I found here on SDN. You'll be surprised how easily you might make a spelling mistake since we're so used to the spell checks lol.

Saying what the topics were for my interview essay probably wont help since I'm sure they change them for each group coming in, however, I will say that you'll have an option to pick one topic out of the two given. As long as you can correctly write an essay (basic Eng 1A) with intro/thesis,topic sentence of each body paragraph tying back to thesis statement, transitional sentences leading to next paragraph,conclusion, blah blah blah, then you should be fine. Just make the essay make sense and flow well. I hope this kinda helped :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys checked out housing around the area yet? Anyone plan on not staying on Mare Island?

Yea I was trying to look but don't like anything yet. When I was at the interview the current students were recommending Mare Island.

congratulations Touro CA Pharm class of 2015, as you all are preparing to head towards school I wanted to let you know:

We will be moving out of our lovely rental house in Fairfield. It's in North Fairfield, one block from the beautiful laurel creek park, close to Raley's, CVS, Starbucks, Subway, WalMart, several banks, KMart, and only a few miles from the mall, Trader Joe's, Barnes and Noble, and In-N-Out.

It's a four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, there is a dining nook, a den off the kitchen with a brick fireplace, and a living room with 16 foot ceilings, it has a beautiful back yard, complete with Lime, Lemon, Persimmon, Orange and Apple trees. Lawn service is provided by the landlord. The house is pet friendly. The neighborhood is very friendly and charming, the neighbor across the street is this wonderful cuban man who sits on the porch with his dog every day and keeps watch over the neighborhood, and there is a firefighter three doors down. It takes me 20-25 minutes to get to school in the morning.

Plenty of room for several students to share, if you have school age kids, they will be walking distance to the elementary school, let me know if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with our property management group. This will help both of us, because you'll find a fabulous new home, and I'll be able to save a little money, and get out of my lease earlier. I love this house, but since I'm newly single I can't afford it and don't need it all alone...

PM me if you are interested!

Hi everyone,

We currently have one room open in our Mare Island house for rent. You will be living with me (P4) and a P2 student (we are both girls). The rent is $650/month and you will be sharing a bathroom with the P2 student. The rent includes cable tv, internet, and water (does not include electricity/gas). The house is very new still, extremely safe, and within walking distance to the school. We both are very clean and respective of each other's living space. Rent starts on July 1st and is for the whole year. Please email me at [email protected] or PM me if you are interested. Congrats on getting in! :)

In response to my previous post about the house for rent in Fairfield, there is a 3rd year Touro student who will be on rotations and is interested in renting the house if she can find roomates, this would mean you could rent a charming 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath house in Fairfield for $850. Pm me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

congratulation to those who get accepted to Touro Pharmacy School :thumbup:

hi, i just got accepted to touro COP. Is there any female pharmacy students looking for a roommate? please email me at [email protected], if you are interested. thanks:)

Anyone interested in renting a 2br/2ba apartment together?

Hi!
I'm not sure if anyone still checks this, but i was wondering, how your experience at Touro has been so far. I know it's your first year, but are you enjoying it?
I was accepted to the 2016 class, so hopefully I will meet you guys next year! :)

what are the chances to get admission for those who are in Low alternate at Touro...?

Did anyone from the low alternative wait list got accepted ever??

The best way to prepare is to just practice talking in front of the mirror, or have one of your friends interview you with the questions provided here on SDN. My laptop has a built in camera, so I just recorded myself answering possible interview questions. This allowed me to catch all the "umm" parts of my speech. I also read 2 books just for fun (soon after I was notified about my interview), thinking that they might possibly ask what the most recent book I read was, but they didn't :rolleyes: . It OK though, reading something besides a biology or chemistry textbooks is always good for the mind. I practiced my writing skills by just buying a simple notebook and writing my answers to the interview questions I found here on SDN. You'll be surprised how easily you might make a spelling mistake since we're so used to the spell checks lol.

Saying what the topics were for my interview essay probably wont help since I'm sure they change them for each group coming in, however, I will say that you'll have an option to pick one topic out of the two given. As long as you can correctly write an essay (basic Eng 1A) with intro/thesis,topic sentence of each body paragraph tying back to thesis statement, transitional sentences leading to next paragraph,conclusion, blah blah blah, then you should be fine. Just make the essay make sense and flow well. I hope this kinda helped :p
HI CONGRATS ON YOUR ADMISSIONS!!!

I was wondering what were your stats as an undergrad? I'm interested in applying to this campus in a year or so lol.