Touro (Manhattan) 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflowerbutterx

Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Touro in New York yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea what the tuition is for all three years? Cannot find it online.

Anyone have any idea what the tuition is for all three years? Cannot find it online.
They have a break down of costs here, but not totaled:

I just received an acceptance letter 20 mins ago from Touro via email. I’m so relieved to have heard back from one of the schools, I was starting to get worried about not being accepted anywhere.
Does anyone know if touro has any info sessions?

I just received an acceptance letter 20 mins ago from Touro via email. I’m so relieved to have heard back from one of the schools, I was starting to get worried about not being accepted anywhere.
Does anyone know if touro has any info sessions?
I received an acceptance today as well! They had an info session in October.

They have a break down of costs here, but not totaled:
I used $1,325 per credit and multiplied by total program credits (121.5) to get a final tuition of $160,987.50 dollars. With out the interest. That is more than NYU and Columbia and I thought those two programs tuitions were pretty high as is.

I used $1,325 per credit and multiplied by total program credits (121.5) to get a final tuition of $160,987.50 dollars. With out the interest. That is more than NYU and Columbia and I thought those two programs tuitions were pretty high as is.
They bill 6 semesters only, so $17,250*6= $103,500 would be the final tuition.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh really!? Thank you for the clarification. I will reread that and look for where it says that.

Oh really!? Thank you for the clarification. I will reread that and look for where it says that
You're welcome. I did not know about it before attending their information session either.

Oh wow I didn’t realize. And congrats!
How is the relationship between students and faculty? And do students choose their clinical sites?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely regret not doing the info session. Would you mind sharing some info/thoughts you had? Like pros/cons etc? Is anyone for sure planning on attending?

Definitely regret not doing the info session. Would you mind sharing some info/thoughts you had? Like pros/cons etc? Is anyone for sure planning on attending?
I heard good things about the program from someone who’s in it now. Small class size, adapting well with covid, labs are still in session, and it’s also not as expensive as other programs in NYC.
I’m waiting for upcoming interviews and responses from other schools before making a decision. I’m so glad Touro’s deposit deadline is in January. I hear others are only 2 weeks from acceptance, which is absurd.

What does the housing situation usually look like for touro?

Sun-Thu schedule. School closes on Jewish holidays.

Pros:
- Affordable tuition (cheapest private school in NY)
- Small class size
- Full-time faculty are current practitioners with diverse specialties
- Cooperative environment among classmates
- Proactive faculty. Current students said that it's easy to communicate with faculty.
Cons:
- No cadaver lab(manhattan)
- You might have to take classes on Sunday (They explained that it is rare though)
- 90% graduation rate in 2019
- Small campus

I think I will attend Touro unless I get into a cheaper program.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh wow I didn’t realize. And congrats!
How is the relationship between students and faculty? And do students choose their clinical sites?
The students at the info sessions said it is really easy to access faculty and communicate with them. As far as I remember the school tries to accommodate students' preferences for their clinical sites.

Sun-Thu schedule. School closes on Jewish holidays.

Pros:
- Affordable tuition (cheapest private school in NY)
- Small class size
- Full-time faculty are current practitioners with diverse specialties
- Cooperative environment among classmates
- Proactive faculty. Current students said that it's easy to communicate with faculty.
Cons:
- No cadaver lab(manhattan)
- You might have to take classes on Sunday (They explained that it is rare though)
- 90% graduation rate in 2019
- Small campus

I think I will attend Touro unless I get into a cheaper program.
Great! Thank you so much! I will most likely be attending as well. Super excited!

Has anyone put their deposit down and planning to attend the info session tonight?

Hi all! I started a facebook group for anyone interested. Just look up Touro Manhattan DPT 2024

Reactions: 2 users
Hi!
I am applying to both the Bayshore and Manhattan campus. My application was just verified.
How long did it take before you were contacted by touro?
Also, what are your class hours like?