Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't recording conversations illegal?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, ppl know what they have to do once things get real. Its my career at the end of the day, nobody cares but me. Thats all

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It is illegal to tap a phone or office without a warrant. It is not illegal if you are a party of the conversation. My friends are lawyers. But its not black and white. Tread lightly.

I am from san diego, and I know that even UCSD, one of the best schools in the world all around, had a moment of probation. As long as we do well and work hard and keep our grades and NAPLEX scores up, we will be fine. I come from a school that has very good study ethics, so let's do this!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey as anyone interviewed for Touro Pharmacy NYC? if so could you give us some pointers as to format of the interview and perhaps some insight
with regards to whether or not they require an onsite essay and other details that might be helpful? pleaseeeee

Hey as anyone interviewed for Touro Pharmacy NYC? if so could you give us some pointers as to format of the interview and perhaps some insight
with regards to whether or not they require an onsite essay and other details that might be helpful? pleaseeeee
You should go through this thread, theres a lot of people that already gave details of the interview. it isn't anything crazy. just have some stories ready to tell when you get asked questions about extra curriculars

When's your interview?

You should go through this thread, theres a lot of people that already gave details of the interview. it isn't anything crazy. just have some stories ready to tell when you get asked questions about extra curriculars

is there an essay?

is there an essay?
Not quite. There's a story prompt and we had to answer a question about what information was missing from it. And then you have to write 1 or 2 paragraphs about it. Super easy!

anyone get any correspondence emails regarding fin aid and/or immunizations?

Does anyone know when is orientation week and the first day of class/matriculation for fall 2014 semester?

Does anyone know when is orientation week and the first day of class/matriculation for fall 2014 semester?
I heard it would be 1 week before the start of Fall semester

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current student of Touro college of pharmacy, and I personally am disgusted by some of the malicious comments made about the school on this forum. Any incoming students who have interviews or who are considering coming to the school should not be deterred by the few (mainly nypharm1234) disgruntled members who have had bad experiences. They speak for themselves and their own experiences, and not for all the students who are in the program.

I personally believe that any pharmacy school is what you make it. You get out what you put into it. I have excelled in the academics in the program because I take time to understand the material, study, and do what I have to do to succeed. Yes, some professors at the school are better than others (as with any school), but if something is unclear that a professor has taught, ask for clarification after class or maybe read the textbook??? The are thousands of resources for the material so you can't blame professors for everything if your not giving 100%. Instead of the student(s) who complained above who were looking up NAPLEX scores, degrading the school on a forum, contacting ACPE/board, etc....maybe that time could have been better spent STUDYING. It's ok to give your opinion about your school, but doing so in a malicious way is unprofessional.

As far as the past NAPLEX scores being lower, the school is new and has only had 2 graduating classes...you can't expect everything to be perfect yet. It has not been around for many years like most other programs. They are fine tuning the program every semester. And 81% and 69% of the students obviously did what they had to do to study to pass the NAPLEX so it's clearly possible to pass because they all were taught the same material. The other 20-30% must not have taken it serious enough. Irregardless, the school has recognized the low scores and taken action by requiring an intensive mandatory semester long NAPLEX review course the last semester starting this year.

Since some people pointed out what they don't like about the program, I'll take the time to say what I do like about the program. For the most part, there is a sense of unity within each of the classes (unlike undergrad). There are many pharmacy organizations you can join. The school allows you the opportunity to set up your own elective rotations out of state if you desire (only allowed 2). Just to name a few

Reactions: 1 users
I am a current student of Touro college of pharmacy, and I personally am disgusted by some of the malicious comments made about the school on this forum. Any incoming students who have interviews or who are considering coming to the school should not be deterred by the few (mainly nypharm1234) disgruntled members who have had bad experiences. They speak for themselves and their own experiences, and not for all the students who are in the program.

I personally believe that any pharmacy school is what you make it. You get out what you put into it. I have excelled in the academics in the program because I take time to understand the material, study, and do what I have to do to succeed. Yes, some professors at the school are better than others (as with any school), but if something is unclear that a professor has taught, ask for clarification after class or maybe read the textbook??? The are thousands of resources for the material so you can't blame professors for everything if your not giving 100%. Instead of the student(s) who complained above who were looking up NAPLEX scores, degrading the school on a forum, contacting ACPE/board, etc....maybe that time could have been better spent STUDYING. It's ok to give your opinion about your school, but doing so in a malicious way is unprofessional.

As far as the past NAPLEX scores being lower, the school is new and has only had 2 graduating classes...you can't expect everything to be perfect yet. It has not been around for many years like most other programs. They are fine tuning the program every semester. And 81% and 69% of the students obviously did what they had to do to study to pass the NAPLEX so it's clearly possible to pass because they all were taught the same material. The other 20-30% must not have taken it serious enough. Irregardless, the school has recognized the low scores and taken action by requiring an intensive mandatory semester long NAPLEX review course the last semester starting this year.

Since some people pointed out what they don't like about the program, I'll take the time to say what I do like about the program. For the most part, there is a sense of unity within each of the classes (unlike undergrad). There are many pharmacy organizations you can join. The school allows you the opportunity to set up your own elective rotations out of state if you desire (only allowed 2). Just to name a few

Thank you for sharing your opinions! I've actually had a chance to speak to current students at Touro in person a few weeks ago. Regarding the issues that were mentioned here, they were also explaining that there is not one perfect school and that it is you that makes most out of it. The students were somewhat satisfied with the program.

Hi , Does anybody accepeted who had interviewed on march 18. They put me in reserve pool. can you give more information about that? I just took TOEFL. There might be reason for reserve pool? Plzzz give me suggestion....

Hi , Does anybody accepeted who had interviewed on march 18. They put me in reserve pool. can you give more information about that? I just took TOEFL. There might be reason for reserve pool? Plzzz give me suggestion....
There could be several reasons depend on your application or GPA or even other candidates. There were many people have been put in reserve pool and then got accepted after that. Therefore, I suggest you to just wait for the final result. You may want to update your transcript if you are still in college. That could rise your chance to be accepted

There could be several reasons depend on your application or GPA or even other candidates. There were many people have been put in reserve pool and then got accepted after that. Therefore, I suggest you to just wait for the final result. You may want to update your transcript if you are still in college. That could rise your chance to be accepted
THANK YOU.But before interview they told me that you need to have TOEFL. So I just took TOEFL. It was not good. Still waiting for result.

THANK YOU.But before interview they told me that you need to have TOEFL. So I just took TOEFL. It was not good. Still waiting for result.
Then just update the score to the school. I think you will be fine :)

I know this reply is kind of late.. When I interviewed on April 8th, they said they will be interviewing for some time and if you have been wait listed you still have the May (and I believe June..?) rounds to get accepted. They told me I have to wait until the middle of May to hear if I got accepted or not due to holidays so you still have time to see if they pull you from the reserve pool.

anyone else still waiting for an interview invite? =[ i applied later in the application cycle, but seeing all these acceptances is really disheartening. anyone think i have a glimmer of hope? or should i start being realistic?

p.s.- CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT THEIR LETTERS!!

anyone else still waiting for an interview invite? =[ i applied later in the application cycle, but seeing all these acceptances is really disheartening. anyone think i have a glimmer of hope? or should i start being realistic?

p.s.- CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT THEIR LETTERS!!

I applied late in the cycle as well, around the beginning of March. I was actually just invited for an interview a few days ago, but I turned it down. I think there is still hope for you, because even though they hold interview up until April, mine was for May.

hey guys, got an interview on thursday. any tips?
stats are 3.1 GPA
85 percentile PCAT
over three years of tech experience
BA in chemistry
1 LOR from organic chem prof
1 LOR from a pharmacist
1 LOR from the manager of a different pharmacy
anything you got ill gladly listen.

congrats on your acceptances

hey guys, got an interview on thursday. any tips?
stats are 3.1 GPA
85 percentile PCAT
over three years of tech experience
BA in chemistry
1 LOR from organic chem prof
1 LOR from a pharmacist
1 LOR from the manager of a different pharmacy
anything you got ill gladly listen.

congrats on your acceptances

First congras to get in an interview. Their interview will be composed into two sections. You will either have an interview with a faculty and a current student or you will be assign in a group to discuss about a situation question and write a short essay about what ever you guys discuss. Make sure you understand about public health and school programs.

Good luck,

First congras to get in an interview. Their interview will be composed into two sections. You will either have an interview with a faculty and a current student or you will be assign in a group to discuss about a situation question and write a short essay about what ever you guys discuss. Make sure you understand about public health and school programs.

Good luck,

Thank you for that, much appreciated. In regards to public health, im up to date with what the school has done for the community to improve public health. Is that what you mean?

Shot records are out!

What's up with the Fin Aid packet? They're really lagging. they said it would be out soon and that was like a month ago

They said they're still working on some other schools that start in July. They're going thru the priority list i guess!?

I didn't get hear from them yet ..still in reserve pool..even they said your file will be active until first day of first semester. ..does anyone has idea ...that do I have any luck ?.

I didn't get hear from them yet ..still in reserve pool..even they said your file will be active until first day of first semester. ..does anyone has idea ...that do I have any luck ?.

Same with me

I will be giving up my seat. good luck to those on the reserve pool. :)

WTF? I had 3 out of 4 of those professors. The 2nd dude I don't know, but the rest of them were awesome (but tough) professors/preceptors and I learned a lot from them. If you're having a tough time with these professors it's either because you're ******ed or have soft skin and can't handle criticism.

What Touro needs to do is stop accepting these non-traditional students who just aren't as good learners. Stop accepting the newly arrived immigrants who can barely speak English. And my #1 complaint at Touro, stop being biased in favor of Jewish students (especially those who went to Touro undergrad). Why does the school have to close early on Fridays to accommodate the Sabbath? If they're gonna do that, they should accommodate students of other religions as well. Do you really need to have all those days off on Jewish holidays? Because of that, you need to cram the material in even more.

I got reprimanded at the school one time because I brought in non-kosher food on a school-funded event.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I want to apply here for the next application cycle, so for fall of 2016. Anyway I was wondering if you have to wait to apply until you've completed all of the prerequisite courses? I am asking because I will be taking anatomy next fall, but would like to apply as soon as possible to improve my chances.

Hey guys! I want to apply here for the next application cycle, so for fall of 2016. Anyway I was wondering if you have to wait to apply until you've completed all of the prerequisite courses? I am asking because I will be taking anatomy next fall, but would like to apply as soon as possible to improve my chances.

Hello,

No, you don't have to wait until you've completed all of the pre-requisites to apply. You just have to complete all of your pre-reqs. by May-June 2016 in order to apply for Fall 2016. During the application process, if you have not completed all of the pre-reqs., they'll have you show proof that you're actually taking those courses. By proof, I mean some kind of transcript from your school indicating that you have enrolled in those courses and your grades are pending.

Good luck,

LVCR12

Last edited:
Hello,

No, you don't have to wait until you've completed all of the pre-requisites to apply. You just have to complete all of your pre-reqs. by May-June 2016 in order to apply for Fall 2016. During the application process, if you have not completed all of the pre-reqs., they'll have you show proof that you're actually taking those courses. By proof, I mean some kind of transcript from your school indicating that you have enrolled in those courses and your grades are pending.

Good luck,

LVCR12

Ok awesome! thanks so much!!

Hi everyone... Does anyone think I have a good chance of getting into Touro NY Pharmacy with a 3.3 overall and 3.2 science gpa...? But I had an unfortunate academic probation and dismissal from a PA program back in 2010 due to some low science grades.. But my last 3 semesters are 3.8 gpas.

Nonetheless.. Do you all think I have a good chance of getting in?