Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Everyone! :) I was part of the interview group yesterday and I just wanted to share my experience with all of you! It was very nice and well organized. Not as stressful as I was expecting. Everyone was really nice, thoughtful, and not competitive at all. I wish everyone luck who also interviewed, but I sure do hope that I'm offered admission! After attending the interview I want to go to Touro more than ever! I really feel like it's a great program and that I will fit in well there. So... Pray for me and Touro, PLEASE ACCEPT ME! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone! :) I was part of the interview group yesterday and I just wanted to share my experience with all of you! It was very nice and well organized. Not as stressful as I was expecting. Everyone was really nice, thoughtful, and not competitive at all. I wish everyone luck who also interviewed, but I sure do hope that I'm offered admission! After attending the interview I want to go to Touro more than ever! I really feel like it's a great program and that I will fit in well there. So... Pray for me and Touro, PLEASE ACCEPT ME! :xf:

I am so happy for you! I wish you the best of luck. :luck::luck::luck:

Congrats checkerbeary!! I am so happy for you!! I didn't know they call for interviews...I thought they did it via snail mail. But, that is awesome! I hope I get a phone call soon too! The wait is killing me! Lol! Don't stress about your classes! I know you will do awesome at the interview! Goodluck checkerbeary! Let me know how it goes!! :)

I didn't expect that they would call. I almost missed it because I saw a missed call with area code 707, then I started to wonder who that was, because no voicemail was left neither...so when I returned the phone call and realized that was from Touro...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey checkerbeary, I received the same e-mail notification from Julie Lee, where she states that the admissions commitee is selective this year and a decision could be made from now till the end of May. Oh boy, I hate waiting...but let me know if/when you receive an interview invite. Best of luck to the both of us!

What is Julie Lee's email..I need to know if my app is complete.

I know it's going to be a group interview, but can anyone give me some advices on how one should conduct him/herself during a group interview. Does everyone get an equal chance to answer a given quesiton or you have to be proactive to raise your hand to get a chance to respond to a question? Thank you.

What is Julie Lee's email..I need to know if my app is complete.

Hey Mlady...Julie Lee is the person who controls the admissions process...if you need to e-mail her regarding the completion of your application, her e-mail is: [email protected]

Just let her know what your concerns are...and she is really nice...she should e-mail you back either today or tomm!

Goodluck Mlady!

Thanks, sent my email just now....hope it is good news!!

Hey everyone. I have good news for waitlisters hoping to get into Touro. I have finally been accepted to one of my top choices, and will most likely be giving up my High alternate position. I hope you all the best!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I have good news for waitlisters hoping to get into Touro. I have finally been accepted to one of my top choices, and will most likely be giving up my High alternate position. I hope you all the best!

Congrats lakersfanpharmd! Do you mind sharing with me (and all of us) where you'll be attending this upcoming fall?

Congrats lakersfanpharmd! Do you mind sharing with me (and all of us) where you'll be attending this upcoming fall?
Hey tesahelena, thanks! I was accepted to Loma Linda. Unless I end up getting in from USC or Western from the waitlist, I will attend LLU in the fall. I prefer to stay in So Cal, so Touro is not in my running any more, even though it seems like a good program. Good luck!

Hey tesahelena, thanks! I was accepted to Loma Linda. Unless I end up getting in from USC or Western from the waitlist, I will attend LLU in the fall. I prefer to stay in So Cal, so Touro is not in my running any more, even though it seems like a good program. Good luck!

Well congrats again! I knew you would get in to one of your top choice schools! =) As for me, I found out today that now I am on the high alternate list! I can't say I'm unhappy though. I am relieved it wasn't a flat-out rejection! Now, I'm going to keep praying and also submit an add'l letter of rec and also a letter of intent so that they know I really want to attend there... So yay! I'm still happy for the time being! :p Good luck to everyone still in the admissions process!

Well congrats again! I knew you would get in to one of your top choice schools! =) As for me, I found out today that now I am on the high alternate list! I can't say I'm unhappy though. I am relieved it wasn't a flat-out rejection! Now, I'm going to keep praying and also submit an add'l letter of rec and also a letter of intent so that they know I really want to attend there... So yay! I'm still happy for the time being! :p Good luck to everyone still in the admissions process!

so do you have to notify the school that you accept your high alternate status? I guess you don;t have to do that. I think they also update the waitlist at the end of april,,,,:xf: so your status may be changed to accepted,,,hopefully

It's nice to know that people on the high waitlist have a good chance of getting acceptance to the school. However, my friend who was on the high waitlist last year didn't get acceptance. I hope you all have a back up school if this is your first choice. Good luck.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that's a real good idea. For those on the waiting list, be sure to send them a Letter of Intent. I remember reading an old thread that this letter really helps the AdCom decide. Basically, it's a letter that states why this school or why pharmacy in general, and how you would fit in to this school or career. Just be sincere. And if you forgot to tell them something that you wish you had during the interview but forgot, this would be a good opportunity to say it in the letter.

Touro graduated their first class of pharmacy this year Yah!. I was wondering how all the grads fared in the job market.

Hi,

I just got back from my interview from Touro. We had six students in one room with two faculty members interviewing all us together. I didn't expect this format. When people said it will be a panel interview, I thought it would multiple faculty members for one student. I guess I was wrong.

Did anyone else have this kind of format for the interview.

Hi,

I just got back from my interview from Touro. We had six students in one room with two faculty members interviewing all us together. I didn't expect this format. When people said it will be a panel interview, I thought it would multiple faculty members for one student. I guess I was wrong.

Did anyone else have this kind of format for the interview.

Yeah that format is very similar to mine. I had 2 faculty members and 1 p4 student interviewing about 6 people. Did they mention anything about wait lists, how many more interviews they have left, or anything interesting?

I had interview with them in Jan and was placed on medium alternate, after reading all these threads, just realized my chance getting in is so small. I have 5 interviews so far and havent accepted anywhere :mad:

just got my postcard that says my app is complete.

It's nice to know that people on the high waitlist have a good chance of getting acceptance to the school. However, my friend who was on the high waitlist last year didn't get acceptance. I hope you all have a back up school if this is your first choice. Good luck.:xf:

hey there, do you know when your friend interviewed last year?? like early in october or late may or something??
thankss

Yeah, that's a real good idea. For those on the waiting list, be sure to send them a Letter of Intent. I remember reading an old thread that this letter really helps the AdCom decide. Basically, it's a letter that states why this school or why pharmacy in general, and how you would fit in to this school or career. Just be sincere. And if you forgot to tell them something that you wish you had during the interview but forgot, this would be a good opportunity to say it in the letter.

i talked to steven davis and basically advised me not to send anything... weird?

hey there, do you know when your friend interviewed last year?? like early in october or late may or something??
thankss

Hi,

I think it was in April. Confirmed!

Hi,

I think it was in April. Confirmed!

Oh ok I see... yeah i was just wondering if each high, med, low alternate list have students numbered as well or if there just a pile of people in each list without an order...??

i was on the HA list but I will be attending UOP instead, so there's one more spot open! good luck everyone!!

Anyone know when the next round of interviews are, anyone been invited.?

does anyone know roughly how many people are on High Waitlist? 20? 50? 100?

although there is alot of HW people, many are declining their seats for other pharmacy school. That means more seat available for HW and med wait-list people. Keep your hope high.

does anyone know when the last day for interview is for Touro?

I think they interview until the end of april....

I got into pharm schools out of state... but really really want to stay in CA... im on high waitlist for touro.. and its killing me for having to wait until may to find out if ill be able to get a seat....

I am curious to know how many people are on high alternate...it seems to be a lot. I am wondering how many people from the waitlist got accepted last year.

I am curious to know how many people are on high alternate...it seems to be a lot. I am wondering how many people from the waitlist got accepted last year.

I want to know the number on each high, medium and low list...

however, on my interview day... steven davis said last year almost everyone from the high list got in...

i also heard that from previous students and friends... idk thou... are you on the high list?

I want to know the number on each high, medium and low list...

however, on my interview day... steven davis said last year almost everyone from the high list got in...

i also heard that from previous students and friends... idk thou... are you on the high list?

yeah...i'm also debating whether I should submit additional materials to the school. Are you on the high list too?

I've officially emailed Ms. Lee and have withdrawn my application, because I was accepted to one of my top schools. I was a High Alt since Nov. GL, hope one of you get my spot.

I disagree that the $2000 deposit serves only to secure students who are serious about attending Touro... I believe that's an oversimplification of a more complicated scenario. Consider Touro's perspective--Touro knows that they are the new kid on the block. While I agree that they seem to have a great curriculum and faculty, they haven't yet built a strong reputation-- and reputation means a lot... specifically, it means that students accepted to Touro, given the opportunity, are likely to jump ship to a cheaper/more reputable/shorter term school. There's a reason why UCSF's deposit is only $100.... they know that they're not going to lose students to Touro (or almost anywhere else).

I don't know what Touro's logic is behind the $2000; you may or may not be right I am not sure.

But in terms of UCSF's deposit...UCSF is a public university whose fees is the same as the rest of the University of California.

The $100 is also the same fee that other sudents who attend a UC (undergraduates also) pay for their SIR (statement of intent to register = basically a deposit to secure a seat).

For instance, for this year at UC Davis/UC Berkeley an incoming freshman:

"The first step is to accept our offer of admission. You must pay a $100 deposit at the time you declare your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)." (taken from their admissions websites)

With that said, I don't believe that UCSF has "only a $100 fee" to secure a seat because they're not worried about competition but rather that it's something set by UC Regents and standard across the UC's and out of the UCSF COP's hands. I hope I am making sense; I'm feeling a bit of food coma right now. :oops:

has anyone got an interview invitation for the month of April?

I just turned in my secondary application on April 1st. It took me so long because I had a hard time answer the question about "future challenge of pharmacy". :oops:

I called in the office today and ask when will be the last day of interview. I was told that it would be sometime between April and May.

wow they are still holding interviews in may? i thought the last one would be in april..

i talked to steven davis and basically advised me not to send anything... weird?

lub dub, this is weird! What exactly did he say though, maybe you took it out of context? I would think that you SHOULD send in add'l info if you are really serious and/or committed to enrolling into their program. I am for sure! I sent in an add'l LOR and I'm about to send in my letter of intent. I don't think either will hurt my chances, so whatev, I'm going to do it!

Good luck to all of us on the alternate list! :)

i gave my interview on 25th march but i haven't receive any acceptance, alternate or rejection letter.........but is their anyone who got accepted or alternate list.....

i gave my interview on 25th march but i haven't receive any acceptance, alternate or rejection letter.........but is their anyone who got accepted or alternate list.....

I didn't interview on 3/25..Did Mr.Davis tell you when the Adcom will meet to make a decision on your application? During my interview on 3/17, he told us the Adcom would meet on the following Wednesday and he sent me an unofficial status notice on Friday. Good luck...:luck:

I didn't interview on 3/25..Did Mr.Davis tell you when the Adcom will meet to make a decision on your application? During my interview on 3/17, he told us the Adcom would meet on the following Wednesday and he sent me an unofficial status notice on Friday. Good luck...:luck:

Yeah he told me abt the unofficial notice.....but i haven't receive any yet.....so did u got the admission or not.....