This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistgirl830297

Reaction score
Hi! So i’m currently deciding between Stony Brook Dental and Touro Dental and I was wondering how important each pro is in making a decision on which school to go to.

Touro: I know that touro has amazing technology and I know that tech has a major influence in dentistry so I wanted to know how much that matters and how beneficial it will be in preparing me for a future in dentistry in terms of all of their digital dentistry tech etc.

Stony Brook: I know they stony has an amazing reputation and that it is great for specializing and really prepares you for that, but I don’t want to specialize anyway so I’m not sure how important a reputation is, maybe since I’m a NYS resident and need a year of general residency it matters but I’m really not sure.

Overall both have different pros in preparing me for a career in dentistry and I just wanted to know how important each of these are! Thanks!

*I know being cheap is a huge factor but just if these factors could be looked at alone please to compare these pros, thanks!**

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! So i’m currently deciding between Stony Brook Dental and Touro Dental and I was wondering how important each pro is in making a decision on which school to go to.

Touro: I know that touro has amazing technology and I know that tech has a major influence in dentistry so I wanted to know how much that matters and how beneficial it will be in preparing me for a future in dentistry in terms of all of their digital dentistry tech etc.

Stony Brook: I know they stony has an amazing reputation and that it is great for specializing and really prepares you for that, but I don’t want to specialize anyway so I’m not sure how important a reputation is, maybe since I’m a NYS resident and need a year of general residency it matters but I’m really not sure.

Overall both have different pros in preparing me for a career in dentistry and I just wanted to know how important each of these are! Thanks!
cheapest

even if stony brook was the same price as touro, i'd still choose stony brook. although the admin is currently having some issues for the past few years, be prepared for that, but overall its a great school