This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wpw2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
posting this for the harlem/remote campus

Members don't see this ad.

What advice do previous students have for completing this program remotely? What are the pros/cons of going the remote route vs in-person?

Do students at the Harlem campus have a good chance of getting accepted into the DO program compared to Middletown?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do students at the Harlem campus have a good chance of getting accepted into the DO program compared to Middletown?
Harlem campus is larger than Middletown class, so at Middletown you would be competing against less people. I don't know how many they take from the Middltown campus per year, but for Harlem its 30-40ish out of 120ish students every class. People who do make the benchmarks but aren't the top 40 students seem to get put in this weird purgatory where they have to apply normally but will get in the year after? Not sure about that though, but hopefully someone can confirm or explain it better.

Reactions: 1 user
Harlem campus is larger than Middletown class, so at Middletown you would be competing against less people. I don't know how many they take from the Middltown campus per year, but for Harlem its 30-40ish out of 120ish students every class. People who do make the benchmarks but aren't the top 40 students seem to get put in this weird purgatory where they have to apply normally but will get in the year after? Not sure about that though, but hopefully someone can confirm or explain it better.
Thank you. The uncertainty part sounds incredibly stressful for all the work done in order to make the benchmarks.

Thank you. The uncertainty part sounds incredibly stressful for all the work done in order to make the benchmarks.
I think the uncertainty/risk fact is innate with all smp programs and like with every SMP program you should be ready to grind it out. I think its already quite generous for a program to let people bypass the application cycle. Although, as someone who got accepted into the program, it would have been nice if the class size for Harlem was a bit smaller

I think the uncertainty/risk fact is innate with all smp programs and like with every SMP program you should be ready to grind it out. I think its already quite generous for a program to let people bypass the application cycle. Although, as someone who got accepted into the program, it would have been nice if the class size for Harlem was a bit smaller
I’ve gotten accepted into another SMP program that is much fairer, you just have to meet the benchmarks, and voilà. I’m very untraditional and can’t afford the risk, even though I’m confident in my abilities. What was your experience in the program?

I’ve gotten accepted into another SMP program that is much fairer, you just have to meet the benchmarks, and voilà. I’m very untraditional and can’t afford the risk, even though I’m confident in my abilities. What was your experience in the program?
I'm attending this upcoming Fall, so no idea. But I'm ready to grind it out. Unfortunately I haven't been accepted into any other programs with guaranteed acceptance yet, so this is my best bet.

Is there a facebook group for accepted students?

Is there a facebook group for accepted students?
Don't think so (down to make a GroupMe). I know the program is remote, but if anyone is interested in renting an apartment around the campus during the program let me know. I currently live in NYC and am using this program as an excuse to also get out of the house lol

Don't think so (down to make a GroupMe). I know the program is remote, but if anyone is interested in renting an apartment around the campus during the program let me know. I currently live in NYC and am using this program as an excuse to also get out of the house lol
If you could drop the link for the groupMe that would be great!

Decided to make a facebook page instead. If any of you guys would like to be admins or have suggestions to add to the page to make the page more informative lmk

I'm attending this upcoming Fall, so no idea. But I'm ready to grind it out. Unfortunately I haven't been accepted into any other programs with guaranteed acceptance yet, so this is my best bet.
I think this is the only one (that I found) with a guaranteed acceptance, others are just interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email from Raquel saying Enrollment Packets were supposed to be sent today. Did anyone else not receive their packet?

Thought it was just me, but yea I didn't receive anything either.
Just received an email from Raquel saying Enrollment Packets were supposed to be sent today. Did anyone else not receive their packet?

Enrollment email will go out again sometime next week.

Anyone know when course registration starts and when the semester starts? I've heard the semester starts in August, but anyone know when exactly in August?

Anyone know when course registration starts and when the semester starts? I've heard the semester starts in August, but anyone know when exactly in August?
Also, anyone in the class down for a GroupMe instead of a FB page? I don't use FB a lot lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Yea I sent the dates a while ago classes start August 1st. Not sure about the registration.

Hey everyone, I finished the masters program this past year so if you guys have any questions feel free to message me :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was provisionally accepted a couple days ago since I don't have all the req. docs in, but does anyone know by what date we have to either accept or decline the offer?

I was provisionally accepted a couple days ago since I don't have all the req. docs in, but does anyone know by what date we have to either accept or decline the offer?
They give you two weeks to decide I believe is what they told me

Anyone in the summer class? Do you have access to the anatomy lectures for this week

I was not able to sign up for it unfortunately :( Has it been helping so far? I was going to start some independent studying if you have any pointers of what to start with?
Pm