Program-Specific Info / Q's Towson University 2015 Admissions Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my acceptance letter today! Good luck to everyone! Is anyone who will be attending looking for a roommate???

Congrats! Yes I need a roommate! Message me

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those who were accepted! I was waitlisted and will be putting in a deposit to another school and accepting the waitlist offer. However, if I do get off the waitlist after the first week of June I will decline because I would still have to complete 2 prereqs for Towson and summer classes would have already began. Congrats again!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone who has been accepted!!! You'll love it at Towson! And to anyone who has been waitlisted, this is NOT a "soft rejection!" A ton of the current first year class were waitlisted initially and then moved off of the waitlist. Have hope!!

There was no deposit to send in, correct? I am just making sure I didn't miss anything. :)

There was no deposit to send in, correct? I am just making sure I didn't miss anything. :)
I didn't see anything about a deposit. Just the intent form and an agreement to complete the outstanding prereqs that I have.

Wait, so there's no deposit for Towson? I was expecting the usual $500.

I'm thinking there's probably more info that comes once they receive your letter of intent? I need to call the office tomorrow to ask a prereq Q, and will get clarification on this too.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! I was waitlisted but very hopeful that I will be pulled off it.

For those of you who were accepted, did you attend any open houses for Towson before you applied?

I went to a campus tour for grad students. I plan on going to the open house this weekend though.

For those of you who were accepted, did you attend any open houses for Towson before you applied?
I went to an MSOT program info session. Melissa Egerton, the admissions coordinator, can tell you when the next ones are. Here's her email: [email protected]

I went to the grad open house last April just to get a feel for the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone on the waitlist, Melissa will tell you where you are on it if you give her a call!

I just called and she said that there are over 100 on the waiting list. However, I just remembered that the deadline has not passed for people to accept or deny their position on the waitlist so I do not know if they have actually taken into account the responses they have received from people. What I'm trying to say is the initial amount of people may have been over 100, but this very well may change once they deadline has passed and the number might be less due to people declining their spots on the list. I hope this makes sense.

@arc16 Did she also tell you how many people total are on the waitlist?

Yeah, she told me over 100 too! Unfortunately, she said I was decently far down the list, so there's little chance I could get off it. But who knows, a lot of people might not save their spot on the waitlist and some may decline the offer to attend, so if it turns out that you're on the upper end of the list it might work out. I'm attending another program but it saved me from hoping to get off the waitlist there!

I went to an MSOT program info session. Melissa Egerton, the admissions coordinator, can tell you when the next ones are. Here's her email: [email protected]
Ok Thank you for the information, everyone! I will definitely be attending an open house ASAP to see the school and learn more about the program! Congratulations to those who have been accepted, and good luck to those of you who are on the waiting list!

I was just taken off the wait list this morning and will be attending!

Thanks! I'm very excited to join all of you who have been accepted.

Hey, if any female is in need of a place to live, two current students in the program have an apartment near campus and are looking to fill their third room. Message me and I'll get you in touch with them! They're really nice :)