TPR "MCAT Demo Test"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elefun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the free "Mcat Demo Test" offered by TPR? If so, is it a ~7 hour full length or is it a 1/3-1/2 length like the NS or Kaplan's free tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How has everyone been scoring on this? I just took it and received a 501. I've taken some leftover hard copies of the old AAMC practice exams (3R - 6R) and consistently scored 30-33 on all of those so I was kind of surprised at the 501.

What has everyone else's experience been with the TPR scoring? I'm trying to figure out if I'm less prepared for the new exam than I thought I was or if the test prep companies are just releasing harder exams. I've yet to take the 2015 AAMC practice test and want to save that for a date closer to my test date.

What has everyone else's experience been with the TPR scoring? I'm trying to figure out if I'm less prepared for the new exam than I thought I was or if the test prep companies are just releasing harder exams. I've yet to take the 2015 AAMC practice test and want to save that for a date closer to my test date.

Haven't completed it myself yet, but heard TPR FL are on the more difficult side.

That test was just killer.... I think TPR tries to make their diagnostic test fairly difficult in order to "persuade" the taker that they NEED to take a class with TPR. I've done fairly well on NS tests (haven't taken any others) but that was just killer. Some questions I looked at and just had no flippin' clue. long story short I got a 490

Those tests are hard. The highest I have been able to manage was a 504 and that was so tough to get. I have heard the exact same thing about their tests being harder, so I really hope that is the case. Even heard, for the old version, where someone was scoring mid twenties on practice tests, and then got a 37 on the real thing. Sure those cases are rare, but one can only hope right?

Those tests are hard. The highest I have been able to manage was a 504 and that was so tough to get. I have heard the exact same thing about their tests being harder, so I really hope that is the case. Even heard, for the old version, where someone was scoring mid twenties on practice tests, and then got a 37 on the real thing. Sure those cases are rare, but one can only hope right?

I've heard of an odd story like that. Someone apparently was averaging a 23 on his practice exams (but according to people who knew him better said he burnt out and tanked the last few exams due to exhaustion) this past summer and somehow pulled a 34 on the real MCAT. I think his legitimate average before his "burn out" was like a 28-29 but still... he definitely got an exam that played to his strengths that day. But sadly, I hear of stories of opposite trends such as averaging a 33-35 on all the exams and then scoring a balanced 30 (still a great score but slightly disappointing for the test taker).

I've heard of an odd story like that. Someone apparently was averaging a 23 on his practice exams (but according to people who knew him better said he burnt out and tanked the last few exams due to exhaustion) this past summer and somehow pulled a 34 on the real MCAT. I think his legitimate average before his "burn out" was like a 28-29 but still... he definitely got an exam that played to his strengths that day. But sadly, I hear of stories of opposite trends such as averaging a 33-35 on all the exams and then scoring a balanced 30 (still a great score but slightly disappointing for the test taker).

Exactly. We can either either hope the former case holds true for us OR be extremely well prepared. My test is in 44 days and I know what I'll be doing until then.

Does anyone know if TPR still offers FL for 299 USD?
Somehow I can't find the link that allows me to purchase it.

I had thought TPR only provided 4 new FL's with the rest being provided by some third party company?

I wouldn't know much about that. But a few weeks ago, they had a package of 8 FLs that I was able to purchase. They've since taken them down.

How has everyone been scoring on this? I just took it and received a 501. I've taken some leftover hard copies of the old AAMC practice exams (3R - 6R) and consistently scored 30-33 on all of those so I was kind of surprised at the 501.

I have been taking the Princeton Review Fl's my first score was 501 then 503 and latest was 506. I also took the kaplan diag .333 and i scored a 498 on that with a beat down on the physics and chem section. Oddly enough i scored a 30 on kaplans old .5 test that they were still offering. I scored a 32 on the real thing a few years back. However, that score has since expired. In my previous experience i would say the old AAMC tests were way easier than the real thing. i was consistently doing 35+ and scored 32 on the real thing. I wouldn't trust them to be representative of the difficulty of the test.This has some interesting analysis but is really old compared to where things stand today http://www.studentdoc.com/practice-mcat.html . It logically makes sense that test score companies want their tests to be harder than the real thing so they can keep their improvement guarantees. The truth probably lies somewhere in between. Understand the science, and they testing format and anyone should do well. Id be willing to bet that the three sigma deviations probably lie between 4-7 points.

Reactions: 1 users