TPR Tutoring for Verbal and Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agill786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I got my MCAT results back and I have been so depressed ever since. I got a 22M (7 on Physical, 5 on Verbal, and 10 on Bio) I am not VERY surprised by my verbal score, but Physical sciences really threw me off. I thought it was crazy hard on the test, but I didn't think I did that bad- seeing though I was doing about 10's and 11's on Physical Sciences.

I took a TBR course a while back but I just don't have the time to re-take it. During the class, I also didn't have the full time to commit to it either. Verbal has always been bad for me...but I was doing 6's and 7's on practices before the exam. I did some of the EK 101 and had been reading the economist. But timing is a big issue for me.

I was wondering if someone has done the TPR Tutoring for Verbal or Physical? I've seen conflicting posts. Do you guys feel it helped a lot or a little? Did the tutors help to devise a strategy for you guys?

I feel like my level of reading comprehension is so low, that I would be happy with an 8 on the verbal. I have tried to go through all the strategies on this site (old and new) and it really hasn't helped much.

I know the private tutoring through TPR is expensive, but I would only do a few sessions. Also, did anyone try Kaplan's Private tutoring?

Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
I haven't had tutoring so I can't give you advice on that. How much time do you have until your next mcat? If you fully dedicate yourself to studying for a couple months, you should be able to improve your scores. You've read the strategies on this site, but how much did you apply them? I would do all of EK 101 and TPRH verbal and read an hour a day if you have 6+months left. raising from a 5 to an 8 should be very doable, especially since you were close on your practice tests. Practice your timing and do a bunch of passages.I don't think doing 10 hours with a tutor for strategies would much because it's just strategies.

hi,
I haven't had tutoring so I can't give you advice on that. How much time do you have until your next mcat? If you fully dedicate yourself to studying for a couple months, you should be able to improve your scores. You've read the strategies on this site, but how much did you apply them? I would do all of EK 101 and TPRH verbal and read an hour a day if you have 6+months left. raising from a 5 to an 8 should be very doable, especially since you were close on your practice tests. Practice your timing and do a bunch of passages.I don't think doing 10 hours with a tutor for strategies would much because it's just strategies.

Hi,
I honestly want to do it again in September at the latest to have a shot at some DO schools at least. I am going to do the EK 101 and TPRH. Did you skip passages?