TPR workbook or EK1001 series to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GASPER20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have TPR Hyperlearning science workbook and it seems quite decent in the amount of passages and questions. I've heard the EK 1001 series are worth it but how much help would the EK1001 series provide compared to TPR workbook?

Should I invest in these books if I already have the TPR workbook?

If anyone has used both, can you please compare the two for me? Is TPR workbook insufficient in the amount of problems/passages or level of difficulty?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

They target two different things. EK 1001, with the exception being EK 1001 Bio, is more about honing your basics. TPRH Workbook focuses on passage practice. Both are important, practice passages being more important. If the only practice passage source you have are TPRH Workbooks, you should get more passages before EK 1001.

thanks for the input. i ordered EK1001 for my weak areas, physics and g-chem. I plan on using them heavily to strap down the basics before moving on to TPR workbook passages. Where else would you recommend getting more practice passages?

I have TPR and AAMC practice tests, but are Kaplan practice tests that bad?