TPRH Course + TBR Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sma717

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I took the MCAT this past September and unfortunately did very poorly (like below 20 poorly). I was dealing with some serious health issues, working and taking classes and wasn't able to dedicate an adequate amount of time to studying (which is painfully obvious now in hindsight).

I've read on here that TBR books are the best for content review as well as passages so I bought them, along with the EK books. Also, to ensure that I put MCAT studying first this time around I enrolled in TPRH course. Now my dilemma is trying to figure out if I should try to follow the 3 Months study guide on Studentdoc that uses TBR in addition to TPRH course work or if I should just try to supplement certain topics?

Thanks in advance, it's much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

More is not always better.

Just do the course and give it your all. It will be useless to try and do both.

If you have extra time, do TBR passages when you can. Trying to do both is overkill. Don't worry about "wasting money" by not taking full advantage of both. TBR books have great resale value so you aren't technically "losing" much. If you try to do both you will either burn out or just not have enough time. Not utilizing the class to its full capacity would be a waste.

When is your mcat test date? How much material you can get through before now and then depends on how much time you have. Are you talking about SN2ed's study schedule?

Ping Pong's right. I wasted my TPR course fee over the summer trying to do both--it was an overkill and not effective.

Not necessary. TPR should be more than adequate. Though I would replace their bio book with EK.