TPRH Science Workbook (Problem difficulty and order?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zaids37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have used this book for practice passages I am wondering what the difficulty was of these problems compared to the actual MCAT's science passages. I am doing the passages in order but was wondering if it would be advisable to skip around? Because the first few passages of each section seem to be fairly easy (and some like gen chem are covering a similar topic 3 passages in a row)

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those that have used this book for practice passages I am wondering what the difficulty was of these problems compared to the actual MCAT's science passages. I am doing the passages in order but was wondering if it would be advisable to skip around? Because the first few passages of each section seem to be fairly easy (and some like gen chem are covering a similar topic 3 passages in a row)

I can't really remember my MCAT last year, so I don't know to much. However, I do remember one of the biology advanced passages being very similar in content and nature to a real MCAT passage.

I would say skip around, because doing the passages in consecutive order will lead you do finishing topics more quickly. So if you done all the circuit questions in 1-2 days, you won't have any a week or two later. However, don't be fooled by the ease of the first few passages. They do get harder in some areas, this is true for some of the non-advanced passages. I would suggest doing 2 regular passages and 1 advanced one each day per subject (if you are doing 3 passage rounds / per subject /a day that is).

If you look at the TPR syllabus, the suggested order of passages goes by "Required Homework, All Students", then "Required Homework, Subtopic Weakness", then "Required Homework, Subtopic Strength", and then "Optional Homework, All Students". Since the syllabus shows you which passages and FSQ's (AMP modules) go with specific topics/reading, you can set up a schedule based on their organization of the material.

Thanks guys, I skipped around today and discovered a lot of areas of weakness. Will definitely keep doing it

Thanks guys, I skipped around today and discovered a lot of areas of weakness. Will definitely keep doing it

Use EK 1001, if you have it. I used it and it helped tremendously and when I came back to those similar passages, I did much better.