About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

transcript request form

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by docmayer, May 6, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. docmayer

docmayer

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Do I have to submit this with a copy of my transcript to AACOMAS if I am having my transcript sent to WES to be evaluated? In other words, when I go to my registrars to have my transcripts sent, do I only need to send it to WES?

Thanks
  2. MedPR

MedPR

Pre-Podiatry
    What does WES do?
  3. docmayer

docmayer

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm assuming you know because you have 4k posts. So instead of being smart just answer the question or don't reply at all.
  4. MedPR

MedPR

Pre-Podiatry
    I actually have no idea.
  5. docmayer

docmayer

SDN 2+ Year Member
    WES is for applicants outside of the US. They have to send in their transcripts to WES, which converts any grades or courses earned outside of the US into the US equivalent, which we include on our AACOMAS application.
  6. docmayer

docmayer

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone? I'm sending my transcript in tomorrow and need some input on if I should send it to AACOMAS or not, or just WES.
  7. Iliketoytles

Iliketoytles

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Not sure how WES works... do they process your grades earned outside of the US and produce another transcript?

You have to send transcripts to AACOMAS. They aren't going to go fetch your transcripts from some other place.
  8. docmayer

docmayer

SDN 2+ Year Member
    They don't fetch anything. After WES evaluation they send it to AACOMAS for me. But I don't know if I need to send AACOMAS the original transcript as well.
  9. Iliketoytles

Iliketoytles

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You should email AACOMAS about it. They reply back fairly quickly.
  10. Pisiform

Pisiform Oh Crap!!!

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    lol .. most of his post were made in MCAT Q & A forum
  11. piojita63

piojita63

Pre-Medical
    Hey OP! I am in the same boat except I used Josef Silny & Associates, not WES. The evaluation that they create should include the original documents (plus their evaluation, course by course, if that's what you ordered). At least that is how Josef Silny works. I had one evaluation sent to me so that I can fill out the application and they will be sending one to AACOMAS. I hope that helps. You can PM me if you need more info. Almost all of my pre-med was done abroad so I've really had to do the research and jump through the hoops to make this foreign credentialing thing work. So far, so good. No problem!
  12. chiddler

chiddler

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What is the transcript request form for? Can I just send transcript to amcomas without it?
  13. Iliketoytles

Iliketoytles

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It's a form AACOMAS provides so you can fax it to your registrar, and when they mail your transcript to AACOMAS they use the form as the cover page... so when AACOMAS receives it, it already has your AACOMAS information on it (ID number, name, etc.).

And no, you don't need to use the form. You can send transcripts without it.
  14. chiddler

chiddler

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    thank you very much.