Transcripts Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jay_son

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Early in my youth, I attended an in-state community college and withdrew without achieving any credit. I then attended another school, where I - again - (in my youth) achieved some credits, but did not follow through and graduate. Fast forward almost 10 years and I'm back in school pursuing a degree in Biological Sciences. My questions is, was I required to submit the transcripts for the first school as well as the second, even though I wasn't awarded credits?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Just to be safe, include transcripts from all accredited institutions you have attended.

Early in my youth, I attended an in-state community college and withdrew without achieving any credit. I then attended another school, where I - again - (in my youth) achieved some credits, but did not follow through and graduate. Fast forward almost 10 years and I'm back in school pursuing a degree in Biological Sciences. My questions is, was I required to submit the transcripts for the first school as well as the second, even though I wasn't awarded credits?
Yes. If the school says that no transcript exists, you'll need their Registrar to send a letter stating this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ruh oh, past tense alert
Correct, which puts me in a tight spot. I wasn't trying to be deceptive or hide the fact I withdrew, I just legitimately thought it wouldn't matter since I wasn't transferring credit.

Should I just have the transcripts sent over from the other school so that they're on file? Or would this raise attention and potentially call to question my integrity? I'd hate for this to stop me from going forward in my career, especially when I had no intention of being dishonest.

Are you asking whether you were required to send them to your new school or to AMCAS? The wording is ambiguous. If it's the former, I don't think it should matter at all. If the latter, you have a problem.

Are you asking whether you were required to send them to your new school or to AMCAS? The wording is ambiguous. If it's the former, I don't think it should matter at all. If the latter, you have a problem.

My current school, not AMCAS.

My current school, not AMCAS.

I know that AMCAS mandates documentation from every institution at which you've enrolled. I don't think your current institution would care unless you wanted to transfer credits. When it comes time to apply, just send everything to AMCAS. You should be fine.