Transfer Anki Decks to my phone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youn5177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I am absolutely in love with Anki on my computer, and I would be even more in love if I was able to put my decks on my phone as well so I can take them with me (I looked at apps for my Itouch and it was 24.99, but it is free for my phone, which is android based) If no one knows how to transfer the decks from a Macbook to an Android phone, does anyone know how to transfer decks from a Macbook to an Itouch?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the iphone ipad version paid the 25 for it. You first have to set up a ANKI user name and password in order to keep your decks synced. Then, if you are using media files you have to start a dropbox and change your ANKI settings to use the dropbox file system. Its a bit of a pain to first set up take prob a 20mins or so if you know your way around a computer and can follow instructions. If there is a free android application of ANKI I would stick with that for your on the go studying.