Transfer from France

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bnes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I'm a French student in the 1st grade and I was wondering if I could transfer into a UK med school ? I have been on Med schools websites and even sent emails so some of them, but I'm a bit lost. The French system a much more linear than what I have understood of the UK system: once we get through the first year selection, we study till the 6th year to take a national ranking exam to choose a specialization.

So is there a way for me to transfer at any point during my studies? (the sooner the better)
One of the schools replied "If you decide to enrol onto the second year of the alternative degree you would then be considered a non direct school leaver and would need to take the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) as your academic entry requirement."

So does it mean that I have to take this exam to enroll in year1 as an undergraduate ?

I apologize if I wasn't clear enough but I'm really confused with all of the courses, exams, equivalences, graduate/undergraduate courses..

Thanks a lot, have a nice day !

Members don't see this ad.