Transfer from Prague to Italy ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

v1ss1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a 3rd year medical student in Prague, Charles University. I 've been thinking of trying to see if i can transfer in Italy for the last 2 years, so completing my 5th-6th year in Italy (I have in mind La Sapienza/Bologna).
I can dedicate my summer months in Italy for learning italian, I only have a basic knowledge of it so far.
Just feel I would enjoy more spending some time in italy, i think it wont limit me later on where to do my residency so i thought 'why not?!'

any ideas or suggestions for this? Do u think this would be possible?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I am a 3rd year medical student in Prague, Charles University. I 've been thinking of trying to see if i can transfer in Italy for the last 2 years, so completing my 5th-6th year in Italy (I have in mind La Sapienza/Bologna).
I can dedicate my summer months in Italy for learning italian, I only have a basic knowledge of it so far.
Just feel I would enjoy more spending some time in italy, i think it wont limit me later on where to do my residency so i thought 'why not?!'

yes it is possible. there are a lot of italian university that are connecting with university of your country (i study at udine and now ther are some of my friend in prague for the erasmus).

i think you should search for comparison of your study curriculum and the 5/ years plan. probably the best way is to mail your transcript of academic records to the foreign office of the university; generally they used to answer ;)...

if you are in prague now or during the year try to find italian erasmus student, they can give you more information about the rules and about the university so you can choose better:)

Hi all,

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

r:)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help! I am interested in transferring completely not just for an exchange. I contacted some universities in Italy waiting for their reply :)
Grazie !

Thank you for your help! I am interested in transferring completely not just for an exchange like Erasmus however. I contacted some universities in Italy waiting for some more information.

Grazie for ur interest :)

Btw v1ss1, do you mind me asking if you're from the 1st Faculty? You also have to obtian permission from the dean of your faculty.

Can anyone give me some information about medical residency programs in Italy? I am non EU citizen and I have a big wish to do my reisdency program in Europe.
thanks in advance:)

Can anyone give me some information about medical residency programs in Italy? I am non EU citizen and I have a big wish to do my reisdency program in Europe.
thanks in advance:)

where are u from?

can anyone give me some information about medical residency programs in italy? I am non eu citizen and i have a big wish to do my reisdency program in europe.
Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Btw v1ss1, do you mind me asking if you're from the 1st Faculty? You also have to obtian permission from the dean of your faculty.

Yes I am from 1st faculty. I ll check if theres any possibility of transfering and if it's actually possible I ll talk to the dean then i guess.

What are the differences between the "faculties" ?

Each faculty is like an university of its own. So you would have to write separate entrance exams for each faculty should you want to study in one of the Charles' faculties. Charles University has 5 different faculties, 3 of which are in Prague, 1 in Hradec Kralove (1 hour from Prague), and 1 in Plzen (2-4 hours from Prague). Each faculty has demographic differences: the 1st is by far the most diverse of the lot. 2nd Fac gets tons of students from the UK; 3rd from Scandinavia; Pilzen from Portugal; and HK from the UK and Scandinavia.

There are 2 other universities that are not part of Charles University: Olomouc Faculty of Medicine, Olomouc, and Masaryk Faculty of Medicine, Brno. The latter is relatively new and a lot easier than some of the Charles Faculties (like the 1st and 3rd.)