Transfer to another university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GonD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys! I am from Greece and studying in 2nd year at comenius university of Bratislava in General Medicine program. My Questions are if it is possible to transfer to another Eu university and what are my options basically ? I checked on my own some possible options ( Masaryk university , Charles university , University di bologna) but i need to be sure if i have to make a big "move" like this! There are plenty of reasons for transferring but I am unable to explain right now.I don't have any problems with the lessons and i have really good grades(waiting for summer semester exam)

I don't know if it matters but I was an A student and my school certificate can prove that! Also I am studying Chemistry in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.

Questions : If i move away do i have to reapeat 2nd year? ( General Medicine)
Can you please mention schools with both english and non-english program?

Thank you . Waiting for help/answers!

Searching something more competitive!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My dear, I see that you are a brillant one, but have some problems with the place, out of curricular matters. If you want to touch them, I am a good listener :)

The point is that, because there are a lot of problems in the schools and their English med programs which are for profit, there are a lot of students who are looking for transfer options. So because the schools see this transfer traffic, the better ones closed their doors, or limited, to the transfer option. There are always many options for transfer, but they may get you down more.

Having said that, among the good options Charles, as you said as well, admits, if they too didnt limit that option. Among lower tier options Romania, Bulgaria too were admitting. Also in Hungary PECS and Szeged were admitting, but at 3rd year? I dont know. Also the schools in Hungary has serious problems, I wouldnt prefer.

There are also some guys in ValueMD that can give you some more info about your transfer options, but be careful, you may come across some people pretending "med student" or "good Christian" and catering prospectives for schools to get some benefit. You may find yourself in a mess later. Even the most trustworthy-looking may be in this business, dont trust anybody there, just use the forum, get info, thats all, of course if you want to :p

Well first of all thank you for your answer! I know that's going to be difficult but as u maybe understood I don't rly fit here ( psychologically basically and plenty of other reasons!) and that's going to effect my future! Furthermore I am not thinking of going to bulgaria / romania ( I don't think it will work for me) . My strongest option at the moment is Italy because there's a connection of comenius university with university of bologna but I am not quite sure about it ( I know basic Italian but i need to improve and take a certificate or something, im willing to stay this summer in Italy..) . Do you have any other proposed options?! Thank you very much!

Waiting for other answers too! Thank you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would seriously not recommend Comenius, the study department which deals with foreign students ( i.e english programme) are unprofessional, and do not even speak good enough English to communicate.

I would seriously not recommend Comenius, the study department which deals with foreign students ( i.e english programme) are unprofessional, and do not even speak good enough English to communicate.