Transferring districts (wags)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EML9255

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have worked as a staff rph for walgreens for almost a year now (well staff for about 8 months, floated for 2)

I am looking to relocate back to where my family, friends, SO is. It is about an hour and a half from where I am now. I am not in a super rush or anything, i actually really like the store i staff at now but the only thing here for me is work and its starting to take its toll on me not really having anyone around here that i know well.

My district actually just realigned so now some of the stores in the area i wish to move are a part of my district even though tehy are so far away. How do I begin this process? I dont know who to reach out to first to let them know I am interested in a transfer. Any advice would be helpful!

Or am i just totally screwed and should just start searching for other jobs in that area. I just wish there was somewhere that psoted each time there was a new staff position open or something of that sort. When i floated i got emails all the time about staff openings

Members don't see this ad.

Who sent you the emails when you floated? When you went staff they might have taken you off that email list. Look back and see and call them up to ask if they can put you back on the list.

Talk to your new DM first, then submit a request on storenet.

Ok so I now have my license for the state I am looking to possibly transfer too. Well the city i want to live in basically borders another state so i did not want to limit myself, so i got my license in the other state.

Most people have told me to contact my current DM and go from there so I think I will that and see where it takes me??? I really hope i can transfer; i like my store now (well not as much as i used to since some change in management) But it is really taking a toll being far away from family, friends, SO, etc for about a year now