Transferring to A College that Offers an Accelerated/Dual Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I have always been interested in dual degree/accelerated programs. I know that a lot of high school students who are interested in a career in the medical field apply for such programs. These programs are known to "guarantee" or "reserve" seats in medical school.... Whether those are true or not, I was wondering if there are any programs, similar to the ones aforementioned, that allow sophomore undergraduate transfers to apply.

Thanks! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

i know some have an early acceptance program where you get accepted as a sophmore. they generally have a minimum of 3.5 or 3.75 gpa that you must maintain and a minimum 27 or so MCAT to retain the acceptance. i don't think someone can transfer into the true accelerated program either as these programs are designed to go together so they are set up differently.

wow. that is pretty cool. that is definitely the first one i have seen. from what i understand in these programs as well, you don't even have to apply through amcas or aacomas.

***also please note we are talking about certain EDP and EAP programs. There are a couple colleges that call it an EDP program but it is basically submitting your AMCAS or AACOMAS right when you can and only applying to one school in exchange for an early decision. but i do not think this is what the OP was asking about.***

I was quite shocked to come across one the other day that seemed to allow transfer in and had no MCAT requirement at a US-MD school. Does anyone know of this program? It appears to be designed for new college folks but still makes me wonder if there are other similar programs out there

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] .

There are a few but I think they are advertised more from the undergraduate instituition than the med school. For example - EVMS has a BS/MD program with ODU, Hampden-Sydney and a few other VA schools, but you won't find them listed on the EVMS web site.

http://sci.odu.edu/sci/academics/undergraduate_advising/BSMD.shtml