Transportation from SF airport to Stanford guest house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dazzlingpink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
for those of you that flew into San francisco for your Stanford interview, what is the best way to get to the Stanford guest house?
I've never been on the west coast, and I land late in the evening, so I was wondering

1) would you recommend the name of any shuttles (like supershuttles)
2) how much would it be approximately? (so I won't be ripped off)

-thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I flew into SFO, then took BART to Millbrae, then transferred to Caltrain and took that to Palo Alto. Then you can take the Stanford shuttle onto campus, and transfer to the free shuttle that goes to the guest house (SLAC, right)? Though I don't know how late exactly the shuttles run...

I did Supershuttle from SFO to my host's place and it cost $27 with tax. You could take BART-->Caltrain-->Marguerite but I think it will take you over 2 hours to get into Palo Alto with the schedules that run on Sunday.

I work at a biotech near SFO and live near Stanford. Avoid the BART/Caltrain connection after commuting hours--it could take you up to 1.5 - 2 hours if you hit it wrong. 7AM - 7PM Mon - Friday it's pretty convenient (1 - 1.5 hours, ~$7). Marguerite runs pretty late. Yes, the SLAC shuttle is right.

Supershuttle & [SIZE=-1]southandeastbayairportshuttle.com are[/SIZE] solid bets and I've used them both before, ~$30 (40min - 1h). It's spendy but there aren't any good options. You may be able to negotiate a better rate over the phone (I think I paid $18 about 6 years ago :)).