travel hints/warnings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlwithaknife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few travel warnings for those of you who still have interviews left or for people traveling next year.

1. Cab service in D.C. is unreliable. Arrange in advance for pick-up when you need a ride back to the airport, and I would recommend using Super Shuttle rather than one of the cab companies, particularly Yellow Cab (who caused me to miss my flight).

2. When renting a car in Denver, allow enough time after returning your car for up to an hour wait before the rental car company shuttle will take you back to the airport. Dollar rent-a-car was particularly bad about this.

3. Although America West did a great job of getting me through a tight connection on time, on a different trip, I experienced one of their notorious flight delays after they failed to complete their paperwork on time, and I barely made my connecting flight.

4. If staying in Albuquerque, I recommend the Plaza Inn, as their shuttle service is pretty flexible in where they will drop you off.

Anyone else have some hints or companies they'd like to blacklist?

Members don't see this ad.

I second the thought about america west. Next time I'll fork out the extra cash to go on a reliable airline.

Cab service in LA is terrible too...stay close to the place you're interviewing at.

Why even bother with cabs? I've used priceline to rent cars and have yet to pay more than $30.