Traveling for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10Toes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to hear back from the programs. So far I got confirmed interview with Miami, NY, Philly, Nor Cal, So Cal, AZ.

Chicago has responded and they're still waiting for my letter of recommendations. I am waiting for my DPM to submit it to interfolio before I submit them with my other ones.

I think ultimately I will get invited to all nine schools.

So far I booked a flight to NY and plan on driving to Philly after my NY interview. I am from southern california, so i am also going to drive to Nor Cal, So Cal, and AZ interview.

Has anyone done the Scholls (Chicago), DMU Iowa, and Kent State Ohio road trip? I want to get a flight to either Iowa or Ohio and make the road trip to all 3 schools.

Lastly I will fly to Florida on a stand alone.

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting to hear back from the programs. So far I got confirmed interview with Miami, NY, Philly, Nor Cal, So Cal, AZ.

Chicago has responded and they're still waiting for my letter of recommendations. I am waiting for my DPM to submit it to interfolio before I submit them with my other ones.

So far I booked a flight to NY and plan on driving to Philly after my NY interview. I am from southern california, so i am also going to drive to Nor Cal, So Cal, and AZ interview.

Has anyone done the Scholls (Chicago), DMU Iowa, and Kent State Ohio road trip? I want to get a flight to either Iowa or Ohio and make the road trip to all 3 schools.

What is the question?

More important question is why are you wasting time and $$$ on going to all these interviews?
I'm sure you've done your research and know if you will or won't get in to the more competitive schools based on your GPA and MCAT. If you can into those, you'll get in anywhere so don't just go to all the interviews because you got invited. It's not like md/do where you HAVE to go due to chances. lol

I'd obviously do Western and Azpod and CSPM if I were you due to your location. Just do an east coast/midwest school if you really really need to.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also invited to interview at all the schools; however, I did not go to all the places to interview as that gets expensive. I picked my top 4 and went to those. Honestly by the time I went to the fourth one I was exhausted from all the traveling. I’d suggest picking the best programs and only the places you could envision yourself living and go from there. Then if you end up hating the first couple (if there is time yet) schedule some more.

Reactions: 1 user
More important question is why are you wasting time and $$$ on going to all these interviews?
I'm sure you've done your research and know if you will or won't get in to the more competitive schools based on your GPA and MCAT. If you can into those, you'll get in anywhere so don't just go to all the interviews because you got invited. It's not like md/do where you HAVE to go due to chances. lol

I'd obviously do Western and Azpod and CSPM if I were you due to your location. Just do an east coast/midwest school if you really really need to.

Part of me wants a change of scenery and I feel like I need to visit every school to not have doubts about my ultimate decision. Also, I would like to inquire about scholarship options with the different programs, which may influence my decision.

Part of me wants a change of scenery and I feel like I need to visit every school to not have doubts about my ultimate decision. Also, I would like to inquire about scholarship options with the different programs, which may influence my decision.
I may be wrong but I don't think all 9 schools provide scholarship. I suggest you to do a little bit of research before planning for the trip.

If finances are not an issue then visiting each school can only be beneficial choosing one program.
I had to fly for mine so had to pick and choose due to $.

If you post your stats here, I'm sure we can state how much $$$ to expect.

If finances are not an issue then visiting each school can only be beneficial choosing one program.
I had to fly for mine so had to pick and choose due to $.

If you post your stats here, I'm sure we can state how much $$$ to expect.
3.5/3.5 501, Minority, Career Changer worked corporate accounting and finance for a years.

3.5/3.5 501, Minority, Career Changer worked corporate accounting and finance for a years.

Good stuff. You can expect between 8-10K from most programs, Scholl might give more if they still have those half-tuitition scholarships.
Prepare well for the interviews and keep us posted. GL!