Trevor Noah sues HSS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
hope he wins billions, HSS is full of the cockiest MFers east of the Hudson river

Reactions: 1 users
Top notch extremity surgeon and patient angry enough to become litigious. Smells like CRPS to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience orthopedic surgeons are absolutely horrible at explaining/ discussing CRPS. I’ve seen a few instances the ortho is SO annoyed at the post op patient complaining and moaning re:their “textbook perfectly done operation”, that it feels to the patient they’re blown off. Been at least twice I see a patient for consult the lawsuit idea gets floated by me.

the article is very vague

" sustained severe nervous shock," WTF is does that mean?

id like to see the specifics, but it sounds like Noah is FOS. hard to believe that they would just blow off a VIP. my guess is that he had something like a RTC repair and didnt like the post-op pain. we'll see, i guess.

id like to see the specifics, but it sounds like Noah is FOS. hard to believe that they would just blow off a VIP. my guess is that he had something like a RTC repair and didnt like the post-op pain. we'll see, i guess.
If you watch his show he is fos. I miss Stewart and Colbert Report. Now we are left with hacks. And John Oliver.

Reactions: 5 users

I mean, HSS does basically nothing but VIPs, so I don't have a hard time imagining that he got treated the way orthopedic surgeons treat people

I was creepy and went through his Instagram to look for evidence of distress. Seems to have good ROM in his extremities but in his selfies, his face did not look good.

If you watch his show he is fos. I miss Stewart and Colbert Report. Now we are left with hacks. And John Oliver.
Agree noah is FOS. He would not have gotten that gig if he was from somewhere else.

I used to watch John Oliver the first couple years, when he was moderate left, and I actually changed my perspective on a few things because of him. The show was more open minded, but now it seems John Oliver lost himself in the national medial ultra left wing liberal industrial complex and his show feels more like left wing propaganda than objective news the last few years, so I stopped watching him.

Last edited:
They should make a mean girls sequel with pain docs

Reactions: 3 users
Agree noah is FOS. He would not have gotten that gig if he was from somewhere else.

I used to watch John Oliver the first couple years, when he was moderate left, and I actually changed my perspective on a few things because of him. The show was more open minded, but now it seems John Oliver lost himself in the national medial ultra left wing liberal industrial complex and his show feels more like left wing propaganda than objective news the last few years, so I stopped watching him.
since everyone seems to be turning left, in your opinion....

maybe the truth is that you are turning right over time?

as someone who is unabashedly left, i notice no great turn towards the left. their positions seem very static to me. which is fine, i prefer not to have far left liberal pundits that would conflate a "media shift". truth be told, in the US, far left and far right positions are both untenable.

as someone who is unabashedly left, i notice no great turn towards the left. their positions seem very static to me. which is fine, i prefer not to have far left liberal pundits that would conflate a "media shift". truth be told, in the US, far left and far right positions are both untenable.
Are there any moderates anymore?

doesnt seem like it.

but there are a few neutral organizations and news sources, such as AP news, Reuters and UPI.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was creepy and went through his Instagram to look for evidence of distress. Seems to have good ROM in his extremities but in his selfies, his face did not look good.
Whiny snowflake, likely FOS. Hope noah loses and that the orthopod wins.

Honestly idk what’s worse…having TN live and go on and on about his pain and suffering likely using his audience as a sounding board for his own grievances OR if he suddenly and unexpectedly died due to an unforeseen complication.

In all likelihood if HHS was smart, just write the guy a check and make nice.

All national media is turning hard left. I notice because I’m a moderate independent and I can’t get news from any national source now. Even AP is much further left than it used to be.

Democratic Party as a whole is much further left now than it was 10 years ago.
It’s happened year by year so possibly you didn’t notice.

All national media is turning hard left. I notice because I’m a moderate independent and I can’t get news from any national source now. Even AP is much further left than it used to be.

Democratic Party as a whole is much further left now than it was 10 years ago.
It’s happened year by year so possibly you didn’t notice.
Agreed. I still don't get the whole idea of student loan forgiveness. How is that an acceptable answer? I paid my loans, why shouldn't others? This is in response to the whole thing about dems being left. How is Biden awful for not wanting to erase all student loans? Granted I'm not a Biden fan but doesn't it make sense to pay back loans for a loan taken out? I just paid my mortgage recently - I am thinking should I buy another house and then ask for it to be forgiven? Isn't tht the same thing as what people who want their loans forgiven?

Trevor Noah is the worst. Bring back Johnny Carson and Jay Leno. Oh the good ole days

Agreed. I still don't get the whole idea of student loan forgiveness. How is that an acceptable answer? I paid my loans, why shouldn't others? This is in response to the whole thing about dems being left. How is Biden awful for not wanting to erase all student loans? Granted I'm not a Biden fan but doesn't it make sense to pay back loans for a loan taken out? I just paid my mortgage recently - I am thinking should I buy another house and then ask for it to be forgiven? Isn't tht the same thing as what people who want their loans forgiven?
The reasonable thing to do is make federal student loans have the national interest rate. It's stupid to have loans at >7% when the national rate is so low.

Student loans have no collateral and the borrower has no income. 7% is a credit to our capitalist system.

It's not the interest but the capital required for the degree that is unsustainable. Tuition costs need to come down and that only happens by not subsidising it

Student loans have no collateral and the borrower has no income. 7% is a credit to our capitalist system.

It's not the interest but the capital required for the degree that is unsustainable. Tuition costs need to come down and that only happens by not subsidising it

While that might be the case, the money was borrowed and used. Why should it be forgiven? It's either something that the tax payers have to foot or that private lenders have to forgo.

It's as if someone buys a super pricey house or car and then they can't pay it. Why shouldn't it be forgiven? I'm sure if people didn't have mortgages they would have far more $!

The reasonable thing to do is make federal student loans have the national interest rate. It's stupid to have loans at >7% when the national rate is so low.

Perhaps but what liberals are asking is for the WHOLE debt to be forgiven. that makes no sense.

I'm not advocating for student loan forgiveness. Except for my wife's...

• Haha
Perhaps but what liberals are asking is for the WHOLE debt to be forgiven. that makes no sense.
Those durn librulls. It’s only the librulls that are carrying guns around and shooting up schools, shooting people up over parking spots, wearing MAGA hats, etc. The librulls are society’s plague. Their ideas of not generally being a piece of sh1t make me so sick to my stomach

Agreed. Interest rates should be low. Taking advantage of students and families. This idea of “there’s no collateral so it needs to be a high interest loan” is insane, no s**t that’s why it’s a government program giving federal student loans. And frankly, if the government weren’t making oodles of money off students, or these loans were really that risky, we wouldn’t see so many private loan lenders.

Agreed. Interest rates should be low. Taking advantage of students and families. This idea of “there’s no collateral so it needs to be a high interest loan” is insane, no s**t that’s why it’s a government program giving federal student loans. And frankly, if the government weren’t making oodles of money off students, or these loans were really that risky, we wouldn’t see so many private loan lenders.
The high interest thing too is a double slap when you can’t get out from under them in bankruptcy.

Pick one:
Nondischargeable
Interest rates 2x the average mortgage

Don’t forgive my loans; just drop my interest rate from 7% please; even equalizing my rate with the rate new loans get would be a huge help.

Speaking of Federal student loans:
Glad I have been dragging my feet on refi.

Same. Pre- Covid, I was planning to refinance once I got out of fellowship. I graduated into the pandemic so I was happy with the payment and interest reduction and kept paying some of my loans. Now that I’m in a more stable job situation, it’s now we wait to see what happens with the feds and repayment.

The predatory loans really have to go. it is pure "capitalism" taking advantage of the desperate. basically, its price gouging.

but something doesnt feel fair about having loans "forgiven".

The high interest thing too is a double slap when you can’t get out from under them in bankruptcy.

Pick one:
Nondischargeable
Interest rates 2x the average mortgage

Don’t forgive my loans; just drop my interest rate from 7% please; even equalizing my rate with the rate new loans get would be a huge help.
I want my future mortgage to be forgiven. I’m sure it is far easier to live life without
The predatory loans really have to go. it is pure "capitalism" taking advantage of the desperate. basically, its price gouging.

but something doesnt feel fair about having loans "forgiven".

When someone takes out a loan they are told all the terms. Why should the tax payer or the private lender be out of their money?

Couldln't this be said for any loan?

I want my future mortgage to be forgiven. I’m sure it is far easier to live life without

When someone takes out a loan they are told all the terms. Why should the tax payer or the private lender be out of their money?

Couldln't this be said for any loan?

predatory mortgage loans are also a problem. remember the housing crisis?

just because you give me 50 pages of fine print with all of the legalese and stipulations doesnt make it OK to screw over somebody. this is no different that Vinny the loan shark charging 20%, then upping it to 50% because he wants to.

the average joe doesnt understand the nuances of a lot of these loans. especially not the really nasty ones.

predatory mortgage loans are also a problem. remember the housing crisis?

just because you give me 50 pages of fine print with all of the legalese and stipulations doesnt make it OK to screw over somebody. this is no different that Vinny the loan shark charging 20%, then upping it to 50% because he wants to.

the average joe doesnt understand the nuances of a lot of these loans. especially not the really nasty ones.

So what's the solution? For people to take out a bunch of money out and then not repay it?

Prior to 2010 private lenders had 0 risk because government guaranteed the loans. It was a huge giveaway allowing businesses to charge high interest for no risk loans.

So what's the solution? For people to take out a bunch of money out and then not repay it?

we cant trust the private sector to not be complete charlatans with these loans. it is also difficult to regulate all of them or have the feds put their finger on the scale in regards to tuition.

rather than forgive the loans, feds should guarantee loans at the consolidated market rate. also, it should be easier to qualify for loan forgiveness. right now it is 10 years working for a non-profit or charity, etc. 5 years sounds a bit more reasonable

Speaking of Federal student loans:
Glad I have been dragging my feet on refi.

Just refinance the loans. I used Sofi. There are plenty of choices.
I agree, but private loan rates depend on (and affect) your credit score. Currently maximizing my credit score to get the best rate. Also, and this is a huge deal, if I die with federal student loans, they're forgiven. If I die with private student loans, my wife will have to pay them if I die. Practically this means I would need to purchase more life insurance, which is an additional cost/headache.

we cant trust the private sector to not be complete charlatans with these loans. it is also difficult to regulate all of them or have the feds put their finger on the scale in regards to tuition.

rather than forgive the loans, feds should guarantee loans at the consolidated market rate. also, it should be easier to qualify for loan forgiveness. right now it is 10 years working for a non-profit or charity, etc. 5 years sounds a bit more reasonable
I also think it's complete crap that if I am employed by the hospital, I can get my loans wiped away after 10 years, but if I work at the hospital but for a private company, I can't.

I agree, but private loan rates depend on (and affect) your credit score. Currently maximizing my credit score to get the best rate. Also, and this is a huge deal, if I die with federal student loans, they're forgiven. If I die with private student loans, my wife will have to pay them if I die. Practically this means I would need to purchase more life insurance, which is an additional cost/headache.

I also think it's complete crap that if I am employed by the hospital, I can get my loans wiped away after 10 years, but if I work at the hospital but for a private company, I can't.
yeah, that stinks. the stipulations should be easier, and the whole process should be easier. also, im fairly certain that the hospital has to be designated as "non-profit". b/c as you know, non-profits make no money and have no administrators which rake in oodles of money

Just refinance the loans. I used Sofi. There are plenty of choices.
Refinancing is fine for those with high income to debt ratio and good credit. It leaves the rest of the population with student loans in a crappy situation. Refinance to a private loan with a slightly lower interest rate, but now your loan is not forgivable if you die or in bankruptcy.

I don’t know why I keep checking this thread for Trevor Noah updates :/

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Why does Noah file this lawsuit? He’s worth $100 million allegedly. A lawsuit might get him a few hundred thousand at most, probably less, highly likely he gets nothing. And this is just bad press for him.

Why does Noah file this lawsuit? He’s worth $100 million allegedly. A lawsuit might get him a few hundred thousand at most, probably less, highly likely he gets nothing. And this is just bad press for him.
Likely because he is one of the most arrogant people on television today.

Anger and revenge. Studies show that a doctor who apologizes for a mistake either doesn’t get sued or settles for less money than a doctor who refuses to acknowledge the patient’s concern. It’s the only way a patient has to “get even” when they’re mad. It’s for Justice.

Anger and revenge. Studies show that a doctor who apologizes for a mistake either doesn’t get sued or settles for less money than a doctor who refuses to acknowledge the patient’s concern. It’s the only way a patient has to “get even” when they’re mad. It’s for Justice.
Id love to see an independent medical advisory board get to review these cases before they can make it to a judge. Hate that I could get sued for doing nothing wrong

Id love to see an independent medical advisory board get to review these cases before they can make it to a judge. Hate that I could get sued for doing nothing wrong

in a number of states, including indiana and I think texas, that's exactly what happens. a lawsuit goes before I think a 3 physician panel of the specialty in question. if they deem the physician has committed malpractice then it proceeds. otherwise gets tossed.