Trinity Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harutaishou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I just scheduled an interview with Trinity SOM in the next few weeks. I actually don't have much intention of going to this school (I will actually be seriously applying next cycle), but I figured it would be good to get in as much interview practice as possible. However, one of my friends brought up an interesting point, which is that being a re-applicant can possibly hurt your application for next cycle. Would doing this interview give me a re-applicant status for next cycle? I notice that the application isn't actually sent over AMCAS, and rather it was done by sending an pdf AMCAS report via e-mail, so I don't think there would be any actual record on file of my interview.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that you are only considered a re-applicant if you applied to a school via AMCAS in the past and did not get accepted/go to a school for whatever reason.

There is nothing that you could ever do that would hurt your chances of getting into Trinity

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha thanks guys! I didn't mean for getting into Trinity, I just meant in general for other medical schools. Actually that leads to another question, does applying to one medical school and not getting in make you a re-applicant for that school only? or will other schools consider you a re-applicant even if it wasn't their school you applied to?

You would be a re-applicant at only the school.

It doesnt hurt your chances at all unless you are dumb about it. The only reason they ask if you have ever applied before is so that they can pull up your old application and see 1) why they rejected you last time and 2) did you do anything to become a better applicant.

They want to see how you spent your year after rejection.
If you send them the same application a year later they will know that you are a lazy idiot with no friends.

And about 1/3 of all medical students that I know were rejected by every school they applied to, did something to be a better applicant, then got accepted 1-2 years later.

Side note, trinity is an awful "medical school". Do not go there. Dont even apply.

Reactions: 1 user