Trouble with physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

I've only read the first chapter on translational motion in TBR physics book, and I'm struggling. My physics class was weird and not like a traditional physics class; we never used the kinematics equations. I'm not familiar with a lot of the projectile motion/kinematics stuff, and it's difficult for me to understand. What should I do?
I've found that in many of the explanations, they use estimations to solve the problem. I'm having trouble because I am not that great at physics, so I can't really follow how they come up with their estimation method. I know they do it because you're not allowed a calculator on the mcat, and it's quicker, but I'm just not understanding what they are doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
you better check to see if the physics classes you took are accepted my medical schools because every physics class should have used kinematic equations. The estimation method is something you generally need overall in order to do well on the MCAT. You should look up MCAT study material that gives you tips on how to quickly do calculations in your head.

you better check to see if the physics classes you took are accepted my medical schools because every physics class should have used kinematic equations. The estimation method is something you generally need overall in order to do well on the MCAT. You should look up MCAT study material that gives you tips on how to quickly do calculations in your head.

Exactly! That's what the OP is using, but it takes effort and repetition to get really fast at questions. By the time you finish the translational motion section of that book, there shouldn't be any multiple choice question you can't do in your head in under 20 seconds (even with complicated numbers).

i think you need to see the full path to solving these things before learning shortcuts and estimation methods. otherwise, things are probably going to be a lot more difficult to follow.

it sounds like the OP had a very atypical physics class. If it was accredited, then perhaps going through the free khan academy videos would be a good place to get the foundation dow. if the class wasn't through someplace accredited, then obviously it should be taken again from somewhere that is.

Reactions: 1 user
i think you need to see the full path to solving these things before learning shortcuts and estimation methods. otherwise, things are probably going to be a lot more difficult to follow.

^ ^ ^ THIS!!! ^ ^ ^

A short cut is only helpful if you know what it's a shorter version of.