truelearn basic qbank for ITE prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished the truelearn bank for ITE, would finishing the basic truelearn qbank be helpful for my upcoming ITE as well? Or should I find another qbank specific for ITE, if so, any recommendations on qbanks other than truelearn?

Members don't see this ad.

I finished the truelearn bank for ITE, would finishing the basic truelearn qbank be helpful for my upcoming ITE as well? Or should I find another qbank specific for ITE, if so, any recommendations on qbanks other than truelearn?
Save BASIC qbank for BASIC. They are pretty much the same anyways. I would do a second pass to make sure you understand the topics well cold before doing another qbank

Reactions: 1 user
Save BASIC qbank for BASIC. They are pretty much the same anyways. I would do a second pass to make sure you understand the topics well cold before doing another qbank
Ok thank you, do you think it would be helpful at all to do the BASIC one? Are there any practice ITE exams ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Truelearn is all you need (scored 90-99%+ on all ITE/AKT/basic/advanced using only truelearn). Make sure you learn it well, use it like a textbook. Learn from all of the answer explanations, don't just memorize the one answer for each question. There is a lot of overlap between the truelearn ITE and BASIC qbanks (a lot of repeat questions). I don't see any downside of doing the BASIC qbank if you have additional time. Personally I did BASIC first, then the ITE qbank (so finished both before taking my first ITE). Repeated BASIC qbank before my BASIC exam (much faster going through it a second time).

What should I do after I do all my wrongs on ITE truelearn? Read books or find more questions?

What should I do after I do all my wrongs on ITE truelearn? Read books or find more questions?
Learn actual anesthesia. It will carry you farther than those random questions.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Truelearn is all you need (scored 90-99%+ on all ITE/AKT/basic/advanced using only truelearn). Make sure you learn it well, use it like a textbook. Learn from all of the answer explanations, don't just memorize the one answer for each question. There is a lot of overlap between the truelearn ITE and BASIC qbanks (a lot of repeat questions). I don't see any downside of doing the BASIC qbank if you have additional time. Personally I did BASIC first, then the ITE qbank (so finished both before taking my first ITE). Repeated BASIC qbank before my BASIC exam (much faster going through it a second time).
This

Reactions: 1 users
Pick up an actual textbook like big Miller or Barash, and read a few of the chapters on things your kissing in truelearn.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, helpful. /s
It wasn't a joke. If someone has done ALL of the true learn question, then repeated the incorrect ones. What more can they learn from the q-bank?

Pick up a textbook, read something about every single case every day. Open anesthesia, Up-to-date articles, Stoelting's anesthesia and coexisting diseases, Yao and artusio, Barash, miller... Pick your poison. It will serve you (and your ITE) better than repeating questions you've already done.

Reactions: 2 users
It wasn't a joke. If someone has done ALL of the true learn question, then repeated the incorrect ones. What more can they learn from the q-bank?

Pick up a textbook, read something about every single case every day. Open anesthesia, Up-to-date articles, Stoelting's anesthesia and coexisting diseases, Yao and artusio, Barash, miller... Pick your poison. It will serve you (and your ITE) better than repeating questions you've already
Yeah, whatever. You were being flippant, everyone can see that. I took a course for my written boards, and I scored very high, felt it was value added. If you were serious about offering your opinion, your response to me should have been your first.

Yeah, whatever. You were being flippant, everyone can see that. I took a course for my written boards, and I scored very high, felt it was value added. If you were serious about offering your opinion, your response to me should have been your first.
Was not being flippant. Meant every word of my answer. Assumed people would understand what it meant. Anyone who has done true learn questions knows they are full of esoteric and random things that don't reflect real life practice of anesthesia.

Thank you guys. No ones flippant its all good. Thanks again

I did tl and uk vids
Killed every single ITE after ca1 and the advanced too

Reading texts are good to increase your overall knowledge but you'll get bogged down for these exams

I did tl and uk vids
Killed every single ITE after ca1 and the advanced too

Reading texts are good to increase your overall knowledge but you'll get bogged down for these exams
Ahhh yes. How could I forget? University of Kentucky Anesthesiology vids on YouTube!

Ahhh yes. How could I forget? University of Kentucky Anesthesiology vids on YouTube!
the first law of anesthesia is to never forget the gold mine that exists right at your fingertips! UK*!
* no financial disclosures