Tulane sticks out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you say is something that makes Tulane stick out above other schools. From what I have gathered a huge plus is the student body. It seems very diverse and not much competition b/w students exists. Anyone have any other input? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

No, you can't have help with the essays... ;)

Look on the website - there's plenty of information for you there... good luck.

dsherida said:
What would you say is something that makes Tulane stick out above other schools. From what I have gathered a huge plus is the student body. It seems very diverse and not much competition b/w students exists. Anyone have any other input? Thanks in advance

thats exactly what I thought when I interviewed there. The students were awesome. The school building and the area aren't anything to write home about but I still loved the place.

Members don't see this ad :)
me too....tulane looks like a great school...but for the same reasons you mentioned...diverse student body, non-competitive atmosphere, new orleans.... :thumbup:

dsherida said:

I mentioned my passion for gumbo. how's that for sticking out ;)

Hey thanks to those who gave me some advice or at least agreed with me :)

I haven't been there so I don't know about the students, but I applied because of the great reputation it has for international medicine, and the fact that so many students complete an MPH as well. The MPH indicates that students are interested in how medicine fits into society as a whole, are socially aware, blablabla :)

Hi all,

i just looked at the tulane handbook pdf and saw the pictures of the current MS1 class at tulane.

in terms of diversity...an overwhelming majority of the students there were caucasian and i saw very few URM/asians...

i don't see how people are saying the student body is diverse

am i looking at the wrong thing here?

I don't think you missed anything, they are all just paraphrasing the school's website. Which is pretty much what I did when completing the "Why Tulane?" part of the secondary. I bet they get a few hundred answers that all look pretty much like those, and mine will be one of them. I know it doesn't really stand out, but I don't know the school that well, that's why they give you a tour on interview day. I think this would be a much better question to ask right after someone visits campus. Damn the system.

The term diversity can and does extend beyond the concept of race/ethnicity. Tulane does indeed have a good number of URMs in the student body, but when people speak about diversity at Tulane, the reference is usually to diversity of experience. The backgrounds represented in the Tulane student body range so extensively that a mention of "diversity" is warranted.

When did you guys get the Tulane secondary?

laura414 said:
When did you guys get the Tulane secondary?

some people have been getting them in the mail recently, but its avail. online. the website actually says you dont even need to wait to be verified before sending the 2ndary in.